When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Photography is difficult.

Certainly not as easy as it looks.

I tried to get a good picture of my latest rep purchase but just couldn't quite do it. I need a MUCH better light setup.

I'll keep practicing, at least with digital pics it doesn't cost anything.

Anyway, here is the best shot I could get. The watch looks a lot better in the flesh than it does here, the numbers and lines are much sharper and the pic makes the glass look a little cloudy but it is crystal clear.

watch1.jpg

Why not read one of the many macro photo tutorials written by Pugwash in his special LEARN TO TAKE WATCH PHOTO PICS AREA

Read? Surely you're kidding, that would eat into my beer drinking time. :)

Slightly more seriously, I do intend to read the tutorials and get it right.

The second one is pretty good.

I've been taking pics of my watches for years and you're right. Lighting is everything, especially with macro photography.

But hey, if we got it 100% right every time taking photo's would become boring!

Invest in a can of "air duster" and some good automotive quality microfiber dusting cloths .. that will kill all the fingerprints and dust specs.

I still find it hard to believe that this pic is an iphone shot at dusk in my back yard .. so when someone says "Oooh please forgive my crappy iphone" ... uh no .. forgive their poor preparation. My only regret on this pic was not noticing the streaks of sweat on the crystal.

post-22602-0-66436000-1312051177.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a beautiful photo posted by RED and decided to spend some time fighting with Photoshop today in an effort to create some cool pictures using gradients and masks. Sort of achieved the intended goal. Still a ways to go but I'll share what I got:

IMG_7673copy.jpg

and this one...

IMG_7680copy.jpg