When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Saw a $99 gen yesterday

Reginald37

Well, $99 when the first guy bought it. I was in a very cool vintage store in Boston yesterday and the guy showed me this. He had just sold it on ebay for $2200. An immacualtte Percision, with all the original box, paper, blank warranty, etc.. and the receipt from the military PX for $99

99dollarrolex.jpg

When I had my grandfather's 1675 serviced last year, I talked to my watch guy at the jewelery store before they sent it off. He informed me that we could send a note along with the watch stating that all they (Rolex) were permitted to do was service the movement and to leave everything else the Hell alone, and that's precisely what they did. That faded-@ss insert looks so good on his daily beater, God forbid Rolex destroy all the years it took that man to get that watch to where it is now :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BTW, $99 for a Rolex? Man, I wish I were 40 years older... I'd have stocked up.

I have the original purchase receipt for this one, $225 out the door in 1971 :shock:

post-32-0-76125200-1312392454.jpg

Crap :) That one is Very nice.. I was just visiting with someone who assured me I was going to like Rolexes again at some point.

Probably saw this prior to our conversation. But the 40mm seems so small on my wrist. :(

But the 40mm seems so small on my wrist. :(

Understand, but perhaps it's just perception? I've just added 3 links to a Yuki 7206 band so I can wear it on my little tiny 37mm Sub and it looks great, to my prejudiced eye. :cc_detective:

Keeping this on topic, I bet that little 6536 was $99 brand new too! That means my little collection of gens is probably worth almost $500. :tu: