When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 187

senator

Can't tell what you did as I am not familiar with the pusher and the socket. Were the male and female ends already threaded or it was just contact based and you threaded it? In any case if it is a real fix I am excited as I had avoided buying this one over concern on the defect. Otherwise I love the watch.

Don`t really know what you did but your work seems to be high quality :thumbsupsmileyanim:

edit: ok, I got it, screw would not come fully out any more, it is fixed from inside, but pusher will still work. Clever 8) , but this mod need some special tools.

Edited by sul

Don`t really know what you did but your work seems to be high quality :thumbsupsmileyanim:

edit: ok, I got it, screw would not come fully out any more, it is fixed from inside, but pusher will still work. Clever 8) , but this mod need some special tools.

Sul-

Can you explain it to us? I have been on the fence on this one so I want to know what is going to need to be done. Also if it is a real fix there is no reason why we shouldn't tell the dealer's about it since they talk to the factories and maybe they can make the change on future runs.

Sul-

Can you explain it to us? I have been on the fence on this one so I want to know what is going to need to be done. Also if it is a real fix there is no reason why we shouldn't tell the dealer's about it since they talk to the factories and maybe they can make the change on future runs.

I am guessing also, don´t have 187 in home unfortunately

But , first post, last picture has to be first, it shows how will look stem if it is once pulled off. H valve stem has female and mail part`s. Inner side part will hold from inside pulling stem fully off. They are probably pressed on each other and connection is just broken ( bad material etc.) or maybe there is some low quality thread there what really don´t hold these two parts together. Stem is made from two pieces because inner part will not allow stem to pop out. But as we know it happens. Easy fix will be use glue and glue these parts together permanently, but then you can not replace o ring after some years. This solution, new tiny screw connection, will allow after some years remove H valve stem also. Probably inner side is shaved down a little, if there is screw on it, length has to be same as without screw. Screw will be part and work as pusher. It is nicely done, probably glue will work also, but connection between female and mail part`s will be weaker and you can`t never take H valve stem out any more.

Rep factory could check these stem two parts connection and improve them. Seems that H valve stem is 187 weak point.

Edited by sul

I am guessing also, don´t have 187 in home unfortunately

But , first post, last picture has to be first, it shows how will look stem if it is once pulled off. H valve stem has female and mail part`s. Inner side part will hold from inside pulling stem fully off. They are probably pressed on each other and connection is just broken ( bad material etc.) or maybe there is some low quality thread there what really don´t hold these two parts together. Stem is made from two pieces because inner part will not allow stem to pop out. But as we know it happens. Easy fix will be use glue and glue these parts together permanently, but then you can not replace o ring after some years. This solution, new tiny screw connection, will allow after some years remove H valve stem also. Probably inner side is shaved down a little, if there is screw on it, length has to be same as without screw. Screw will be part and work as pusher. It is nicely done, probably glue will work also, but connection between female and mail part`s will be weaker and you can`t never take H valve stem out any more.

Rep factory could check these stem two parts connection and improve them. Seems that H valve stem is 187 weak point.

male not mail, sry about spelling :D English is not my first language not even second probbaly

• 3 weeks later...