When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Top Gun Ceramic 3789 46mm Doppel Chronograph

denniboss

Hi,

I'm curious to know/to find out what the general opninion is about the new repped IWC Top Gun Ceramic 3789 46mm Doppel Chronograph which you can find/see on the rep dealer sites.

I'm thinking to buy one because in my eyes it looks very good to me. Hopefully you can agree with me. So please inform. Thanks.

Hi Mate,

I was going to start a thread on this actually.

I ordered one because it looks pretty damn good. Great size (46mm), ceramic, awesome day/date wheel and the lume is right. The split minute button is faux but hey nobody ever uses that, but if somehow you can manage to get the gen movement, it'll fit and work.

The only mod I can see besides considering a service to the movement, is darkening the "Top Gun" logo on the side of the case. The rep font colour is too white.

Apart from that, honestly this is great. I enjoyed the gen/rep side by side comparison by one of the dealers. I will post pics and do a gen/rep review myself as my friend owns the gen.

I looked at the split minute button of the gen but actually i can't see the difference in comparison with the rep. So i think that's not the case. I agree that the top gun logo on the side is too white. The font color too white i can't judge right now because of the unclear pictures. I'm also curious too see if both subdials at 12 and 6 have the circles in it like the gen has. Also that part i can't judge right now because of the unclear pictures.

I looked at the split minute button of the gen but actually i can't see the difference in comparison with the rep. So i think that's not the case. I agree that the top gun logo on the side is too white. The font color too white i can't judge right now because of the unclear pictures. I'm also curious too see if both subdials at 12 and 6 have the circles in it like the gen has. Also that part i can't judge right now because of the unclear pictures.

I think he means that the button has no function, not that it's visually different. ;)

My order is placed as well.....a wonderful rep with amazing 1:1 quality.

I don´t care about the missing split seconds.

Ordered a black croc black stitch pilot strap already, together with an IWC-like black PVD deployment clasp it´ll look awesome.

Theo

I really love this as well, but still on the fence because of the "whiteish" TOP GUN etching on the left of the case...

how can you change to more "greyish" colour like the gen???

Not tough to mod, just requires some patience and trial&error. All you need is some paint thinner/remover and bottle of acrylic paint of a matching color. I've done this numerous times for my TG before, plus for a few other mates' TGs as well.

Documented in a post I made sometime back:

Gun logo -- 3rd and final attempt!

---

- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not tough to mod, just requires some patience and trial&error. All you need is some paint thinner/remover and bottle of acrylic paint of a matching color. I've done this numerous times for my TG before, plus for a few other mates' TGs as well.

Documented in a post I made sometime back:

Gun logo -- 3rd and final attempt!

---

- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link with info, was wondering myself how to fix this and might order this one now i know what to do to darken it :)

what would you guys do/say when someone you know asks you to press that "faux split-sec chrono" button @ 10 o'clock???

I'll be like...

"if I press that button, the watch will self destruct in 30 secs" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if the makers of the watch had mis-built the fake pusher, some mini parts may actually go loose and do exactly that, destroy itself (movement) :p

Absolutely correct....had the pleasure to wear my mates watch last year for a day...the size of 46mm leads in the wrong direction, it wears like a PAM and the ceramic makes it a bit lighter. The black color adds some more trick to the eye and makes it appear smaller.

Theo