When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

please help! is this Tudor 79190 100% gen.?

scooterboy

hi, i want to buy this Tudor Submariner Ref. 91790 from the late 90`s

the serial is B898XXX, the seller says all parts are 100% gen and comes original on the watch!

the case is un-polished, what i can see everything is ok except the pearl!

the seller says the pearl is a little bit broken but 100% gen!

what does our experts think? i dont see this pearl on other subs!

does have the late tudors this pearl?

thanks for help!

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0212.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0208.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0201.jpg

I am not an expert but it looks great to me. The case is stunning. I can't tell from the pics but broken pearl on older Rolexes is pretty typical for a one owner watch or at least one with no case refinishing. If I was going to comment on anything it is how pristine the tritium is on the dial. I think it is a gorgeous example in any case.

Fine the watch is gen., what about the pearl?

Beautiful watch, The case and dial are really,really nice. Probably as Ubi said, it got broken off. Not a deal breaker since the watch is in great condition. vintage Tritium pearls can be had from folks over on VRF., or possibly some of the guys around here have a spare lying around they would sell.

Here is a photo of my DRSD 1665 with a genuine Tritium pearl.

IMG_6601a.jpg

Yep, it's a gen. That guy has some sweet deals on Tudors - I've been contemplating about purchasing this watch. But don't worry, I've decided it would be ridiculous for me to get yet another Submariner-styled watch (even if it's a genuine).

Pull the trigger, man. Can't go wrong imo, these will only go up in price.

Most 79190's I've seen for sale are listed around $2300 USD with bracelet. This piece at €1500 (which, at today's exchange rate converts to $2141 USD) may seem a bit high; consider that a 78500 in good shape will likely run $600 USD, you'd be into the watch for almost $2750. For a 79190, that seems a bit high to me...

Granted, it is in nice condition, you'd be committed to this piece for a while; if you had to turn it over, you'd likely take a hit on resale :(

hi, i want to buy this Tudor Submariner Ref. 91790 from the late 90`s

the serial is B898XXX, the seller says all parts are 100% gen and comes original on the watch!

The watch is not commercially replicated, so the worst that it could be would be a franken from 100% gen stock parts :good:

Nice dial too :whistling::victory:

Definitely like it. I wonder what case(aftermarket) would work well for this build. I have a 5513 Polex case with correct crystal retainer, but was saving that for a 5512 build. I definitely like the Tudor dial here, and would love one of these to wear daily.

E