When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Found some cheap insert pearls

Nanuq

Sadly I pointed the link out to J and he bought one...I bought several. They are the same that I have bought from other sources but alot cheaper.

Who sells the best ones, or are gen the only way to go? Can these be aged to look good? I want at least one really good pearl for my current build... I need one for this insert.

6f91a730.jpg

I ordered up a couple of these and they're pretty bad, they look nothing like gen. Don't waste your money guys.

eBay item 130555735541

+1

These has been around fleebay from time to time by various sellers and are absolute crap. Solid acrylic and not like gen construction at all.. No shortcut here - Ofrei is the way to go for aftermarket vintage pearls!

+1

These has been around fleebay from time to time by various sellers and are absolute crap. Solid acrylic and not like gen construction at all.. No shortcut here - Ofrei is the way to go for aftermarket vintage pearls!

By solid acrylic you mean not hollow? How do they get the lume inside?

Correct. These are not hollow so the lume is applied on the back side that goes inside the insert.. So the lume is too far from the front/ top which makes it weak/ blurry..

Thank you,

I just looked at one of these through a loupe and you are 100% correct, the lume is applied to the back..the small end of the "mushroom"

woof*-

How about this loose one on the bottom?

No joy, Ubi ... his insert hole is not the tiny vintage size.

Still on the topic of changing the color of the goo, I read somewhere you can soak the pearl in alcohol and the fill just dissolves.

Any truth to that? Or was the original poster the one soaked in alcohol? :drinks:

I'll make it work ubi!

The blue insert isn't here yet...on the way, but sold and gaurenteed to be gen 5512/13 or Tudor.

Can't tell hole size for sure from the pic, looks like smaller hole to me but maybe not... I'll see when it gets here.

All I ask is that you put it to good use ;)

I promise!

My insert arrived! It is the vintage tiny hole. I put one of these ebay pearls in and it fits...The hole might look larger in pics, but this pearl and that hole are tiny...... but I will wait till a better one comes along... :)

Please bear with my impromptu pics (2$ plastic loupe taped to my iphone)

5fb5c3b9.jpg

004e10d2.jpg