When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Got An Email From Josh About The New Bell And Ross

crystalcranium

I too would prefer the limited version!!!

My biggest concern, however, if they decided to offer it would be that they would use the cheezy faux PVD coating that scratches and wears off instead of the real deal - like Davidson uses on his PAM's.

Maybe they can offer a steel version like tha PAM028 and people can get it PVD'd themselves - finepics and palpatine do this I think. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there is such a thing as 200 steel, I'd love to meet the guy who can eyeball the difference, especially not side by side. IMO, the whole 319, 419, 220 hut hut hike business is a bunch of hooey.

Also, I'd rather the orange dial not be PVD's--since it saves a tep. Rep PVD's need to be redpne...just part of the cost of doing business.

Also, I'd rather the orange dial not be PVD's--since it saves a tep. Rep PVD's need to be redpne...just part of the cost of doing business.

Agreed.

I was priviliged to see the prototype when I was in China last week. It is utterly fantastic! This watch will redefine the quality that we can expect from reps - no shadow of a doubt.

Jos was not happy with the quality of the strap, which surprised me - I thought it excellent - and I am very fussy about straps - but Jos wanted it softer... the man is a perfectionist!

And for you guys that want the dial with orange markers... calm down. I saw that dial, too. Excellent - if you like orange markers.

I don't care for anything orange... that's just my thing. But my order for the standard version is in!

that is def great news...i already see myself wearing it...

wht or orange...doesnt make diff for me...just bring it....group buy?

yep, put real pvd on that puppy and I'll take 2.

With all this interest in the orange I wonder if any B&R fans are contemplating asking davidsenjpn about a run of orange dials combined with a "group buy" of PVD service....I'd certainly be in for 2 if someone would do the leg work.

Sounds good, although finepics in the EU will do genuine PVD to Panerai specs - I'm not sure if it's the same for this company though. I guess it will depend on the price perhaps. As I haven't seen david's watches in person, I don't know if it's PVD or DLC or the rep PVD. People seem pleased so I would assume true PVD?

Kent Parks from Everest Watch Works in Flagstaff, AZ USA does great lume work. I have 6 watches with work from him that I have inspected with a 5x loop and I am very impressed. The Rolex AD is working out a deal to send him watch dials from cients that don't want a new dial but only want a relume.

You can check him our here...

http://everestwatchworks.com/sl_lume_colors.html

I was thinking that you could by any one of the bell and ross models and have Kent use the orange lume as shown in the link above!

I love the watch but what is the deal with the horrible fake hex screws on the back? Will these be replaced witht he real deal like the gen has?

Clive, did you get a look at that?

While I want to love this (and I sort of do) the addition of fake, stamped screws dampers my enthusiasm a bit.

I love the watch but what is the deal with the horrible fake hex screws on the back? Will these be replaced witht he real deal like the gen has?

Clive, did you get a look at that?

While I want to love this (and I sort of do) the addition of fake, stamped screws dampers my enthusiasm a bit.

I'm hoping the prototype has the fake hex screws and the final version will have the real ones. Andrew and Josh are saying its a "1:1" copy like the original so hopefully they didn't overlook this detail.

:victory:

@ ALL

Guys....there will not be a screw on the backside of the watch, the original has no backscrews and hopefully the rep will NOT have them.

The case is screwed from the frontside!!!!!

So the rep is all correct so far......:D

Theo

Or am I wrong??? mmmmhhh the website shows not clear enough in the technical data sheet :huh:

Edited by PAM1A

@ ALL

Guys....there will not be a screw on the backside of the watch, the original has no backscrews and hopefully the rep will NOT have them.

The case is screwed from the frontside!!!!!

So the rep is all correct so far......:D

Theo

Or am I wrong??? mmmmhhh the website shows not clear enough in the technical data sheet :huh:

the screws on the back are there to hold the lugs on. The lugs are removeable on this watch.

The lugs on the rep will not be removeable. I was and am still hoping they drop in some real hex screws on the back even if they don't hold the lugs in.

the screws on the back are there to hold the lugs on. The lugs are removeable on this watch.

The lugs on the rep will not be removeable. I was and am still hoping they drop in some real hex screws on the back even if they don't hold the lugs in.

The lugs WILL be removable, hence why you get a 'Strap Removal Tool' with the rep.