When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's your beater?

sempire

I guess after a few watches you find that one watch that you're always wearing when you're not wearing anything else.

Good question. :)

For me there's no one beater. It changes all the time. It's never Panerais, I love my 111 but it's too big to be a daily beater.

Changing between Omega PO 42 (5th Generation), IWC 3706 (Gen), IWC 3717 and my WM9 Submariner. All are very comfortable and all are quite common.

Val.

I try to cycle through all my watches but when I'm out with my kid, or on the motorcycle, or maybe just dicking around on the beach its about having that watch that is good, but you may not mind getting that one ding, or a bit of wear. I know that after sinking money into building a franken watch you don't want to use it when you're cage fighting or something.

I don't like to wear an 'expensive' watch to work, so I wear my homages. I've got an Orient Snorkeler (Submariner homage) on NATO straps that I switch out and a Rotary Chronospeed (Navitimer homage). Also have on the way a Tao homage of the IWC Yacht Club. On Saturdays I wear my gen Tudor Heritage to work since nobody recognizes Tudor except for some of my european customers, and I don't mind showing off a little to them.

orientherit.jpg

I don't like to wear an 'expensive' watch to work, so I wear my homages. I've got an Orient Snorkeler (Submariner homage) on NATO straps that I switch out and a Rotary Chronospeed (Navitimer homage). Also have on the way a Tao homage of the IWC Yacht Club. On Saturdays I wear my gen Tudor Heritage to work since nobody recognizes Tudor except for some of my european customers, and I don't mind showing off a little to them.

orientherit.jpg

Can't wait to get one of those straps for my Heritage :drinks: