When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II White dial 16570

irolexu

OK so I have been through a dozen sights trying to unravel what is what and why is why on these explorer reps! some have correct hand stack some do not. Some have black hands while others have silver-ish hands and markers? I really need some enlightenment here as I am shopping for one of these bad boys. Do all gen explorers come with black hands and black ringed hour markers? and please someone answer this question here. WHO has the best SOURCE for these as I really want to order one!!! thanks!

I am thinking of buying this one and I need input ASAP!

post-38265-0-12909500-1313684105.jpg

Who would you guys go to for a nice explorer II I wouldn't mind lug holes and don't want rehaut engraving

This is just me, but if the price is right, I'd go for it.

Just because it has all the features I'd look for in a 16570:

- good date window position

- NO rehaut engraving

- nice dial

- lug holes

- it's WHITE

IMO all the rest could be fixed afterwards.

20 marker on the bezel looks terrible, but maybe fixable by removing excess paint? 4 o'clock hour marker also seems to indicate gray surounds, not black.

I magnified the image even more turns out its just gunk caught up in there not paint. and I believe this one seems to be closest to gen dial as it seems to get? I have seen reps with straight up gray hands AND markers also this has holes drilled in the sides. only 288.00

That's not the case. The markers are black. But I have also seen some gun metal ones as well. I have a gen dial in my Noob Explorer 2, and they are black. Predominantly the markers are black, and not gun metal.

Pre-SEL perhaps. I have seen a myrid of white EXPII whites from 1999 forward and none are "True Black". Is your dial a cream colored? Blackening might also be oxidization on an older dial. Can you post pics of yours?

OK so I have been through a dozen sights trying to unravel what is what and why is why on these explorer reps! some have correct hand stack some do not. Some have black hands while others have silver-ish hands and markers? I really need some enlightenment here as I am shopping for one of these bad boys. Do all gen explorers come with black hands and black ringed hour markers? and please someone answer this question here. WHO has the best SOURCE for these as I really want to order one!!! thanks!

I am thinking of buying this one and I need input ASAP!

post-38265-0-12909500-1313684105.jpg

It looks ok, but the crystal construction is bad. The Noob version was the only great ExpII and I doubt they can duplicate that anymore. Especially when it's already an old model. I wouldn't buy this one, but then I again I owned the greatest rep of it.

As Ronin says, the gen markers are actually very dark gun metal grey, which appear black in most lighting conditions. The old white Explorer II reps had light grey hour markers that looked terrible.

How can you tell the construction of the crystal is bad I mean thats an easy fix? clark crystal perhaps? I have been searching left right up and down for a good rep of this watch and so far this one seems to be the best...unless someone coughs up a site with a real good one OR willing to sell me theirs! I would love to hear other wise I will probably stumble on this one (not particularly this EXACT one) but same dealer etc. (watchinternational)

How can you tell the construction of the crystal is bad I mean thats an easy fix?

No... you can't fix it. The case is missing the gen looking "cylindrical shape", which is very apparent when you photograph the watch from front. The problem isn't all bad on your watch though... but most of the cheap ass Rolex reps don't have this "rehaut thickness" at all... they're "wokky".

t6zg4y.jpg

Then look at the (now difficult to source) best Noob version(s). Rehaut shape and thickness under the crystal looks almost 1:1 with the gen.

3s.jpg

Watch in your pics is not a bad rep, just not the best one made.

No... sorry. bklm1234 is pretty much your only chance, but I doubt he can source this rep anymore (as it's completely out of production).

I'm afraid member trades is the only option.

Well so far I actually find ANGUS's explorer II to be the best with correct hand stack ect ect and the attention to detail you guys are talking about is something only .0001% of the general population is really going to know and over-all I just want a solid dial and nice looking hands. my concentration right now are on my Datejust builds using gen case, gen dial, gen crystal, gen crown and tube, ETA and rep band :)

Well so far I actually find ANGUS's explorer II to be the best with correct hand stack ect ect and the attention to detail you guys are talking about is something only .0001% of the general population is really going to know and over-all I just want a solid dial and nice looking hands. my concentration right now are on my Datejust builds using gen case, gen dial, gen crystal, gen crown and tube, ETA and rep band :)

PT's does look very good...I agree. You may want to read up on the CHS versions. I'm no expert but I've read that some of the CHS mvt's. are potential timebombs. :pardon:

• 3 months later...