When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Po

AMK000

Good morning Guys ,

I have a rather simple question which I cannot find the answer even after reading By-Tor's and Cwai's excellent reviews (... and also comments that other PO lovers have made so far).

I am after a PO (non chrono - and with black bezel and orange numbers B) ) and I am not sure about the size to pick up.

So here goes the question:

Is the (on the 5th or 4th gen only, .....can't tell which is the latest :g: )

- Reg size 42,5 mm, is excl or incl crown ?

- Big size 45 mm (Andy has one that says 45,5 mm), is excl or incl crown ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I have some more questions about the PO thing which I am afraid there are no easy answers.

Questions like:

- Are the Chinese rep makers thinking to bring up a 6th improved version.... or whatever gen, soon ???

I know. Its like asking what will be a wheather forecast next year from now !!!

- Are they going to come with a better version of the PO Chrono ???? Possibly yes early next year , but who really knows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Any way .... if you only answer my first question about the size , I will more than happy.

Many thanks

AMK000

I am after a PO (non chrono - and with black bezel and orange numbers B) ) and I am not sure about the size to pick up.

So here goes the question:

Is the (on the 5th or 4th gen only, .....can't tell which is the latest :g: )

- Reg size 42,5 mm is excl or incl crown ?

- Big size 45 mm is excl or incl crown ?

Hi Andreas.

Both are measured without crown. The 4th Gen 42,5mm version is superior. I don't think they'll ever surpass that. If you get that one and add genuine bracelet and AR coated crystal it's virtually indistinguishable.

- Are the Chinese rep makers thinking to bring up a 6th improved version.... or whatever gen, soon ???

I know. Its like asking what will be a wheather forecast next year from now !!!

Difficult to say. Maybe, because the new "Bond" watch is the black PO 45mm with rubber strap. It could increase the demand. I think they got it pretty close with the 4th Gen. Some say the genuine "blueish" and very strong AR coating is what makes the difference. I recall Watcher swapped the crystal on his PO.

- Are they going to come with a better version of the PO Chrono ???? Possibly yes early next year , but who really knows.

Better? Maybe, but not significantly better because the subdial spacing will always be off. Same thing with the Speedmasters, there's no rep movement which could mimic the closer spacing.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks By-Tor.

That was much more than I was expected.

So the best version on 42,5 mm is this ??? :

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=719

(.... ok .... there are other dealers that also have it).

You see , I m doubting about the 42,5 and the 45 mm (with this combo: blck bezel and orange numbers).

42,5 mm excl crown is not a small watch !!!!!!

What I think I need to do before I decide is to physically pop up in to a local Omega dealer and compare both versions on my wrist.

Again , many thanks By-Tor.

Cheers,

Andreas

I agree. Go see it in person. The 42mm seems bigger than it appears for some reason.

I wear Pams all the time and I still feel that the 42.5mm PO is plenty big for some reason as well. It is very heavy and sits high on the wrist which might have something to do with it. This rep I feel is a must have!

//Pete

He does, I got it, very nice. It looks kind of small on my wrist, but the 45 is way off. I am thinking of getting genuine 45 some day, but would not go for the rep. But 42 is very good. Paul's is spot on for a great price

..... yeah , ... but Paul ... no PayPaul :lol:

Any way, these are the three options on the 42.5 PO with orange numbers and black bezel as of today:

Paul 5th gen: http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=1138

Andys 4th gen: http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=719

Jos latest: http://perfect-clones.com/omse10009-seamas...242-p-1433.html

I think that more or less all of them are the same watches. All of them amongst other flaws already mentioned here like size of the min hand etc..., also have (...as I can tell from the pics)

- "Omega logo" far too close to the "omega" wording.

- Orange numbers thicker than genuine

.... :g: ..... I think I will wait few more months. Chinese rep makers they should come up with new versions and models around year end for the Christmas gift season.

In the mean time, I will check the size (42,5 vs 45) in person.

Thank you all guys.

Andreas, I did a photo comparison of the two sizes of POs out there, compared to a Sea-dweller. You can see that neither PO is a "small" watch. Enjoy!

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=3583

@Nanuq: That's great.

It will be too much (if and whenever you have some time ;) ) to ask for a pic of the DRSD and Andrews 42,5 PO side by side both looking at me :)

Thanks

:cc_detective:

Well, did'nt had the time to finish my words and just 24 hours later, Andy (...presumably others will follow soon) came up with the 6th version on the 45 mm version.

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=803

From what I can see this version has improved (decreased) the gap of the date window now much closer to the 3 hour marker.

The min hand now also looks longer and better.

The orange numbers are now thiner and better.

Only fault I can see is that the "omega logo" is bigger than the genuine.

Things are moving fast in this industry.

I will wait few more months .... even though it takes me a lot of "self control" not to pull the trigger. :pray::pinch:

Better? Maybe, but not significantly better because the subdial spacing will always be off. Same thing with the Speedmasters, there's no rep movement which could mimic the closer spacing.

they could just use the mod'd 7750 they use on the daytona to fix the subdial spacing...so an easy fix is available....whether this would be considerd an "improvment" or not (due to the reported unreliability of this mod'd movement) is debatable.

they could just use the mod'd 7750 they use on the daytona to fix the subdial spacing...so an easy fix is available....whether this would be considerd an "improvment" or not (due to the reported unreliability of this mod'd movement) is debatable.

What about the second hand being in completely the wrong place?

What about the second hand being in completely the wrong place?

Isnt there versions of the daytona with seconds at 6 and seconds at 9? both using this movement? and the seconds at 9...with the seconds at 9 being more reliable because it required less modding, but not accurate?

I could be wrong, but this was my understanding...

Sorry... I've already given them both away. They were so close in size that looking at them face-on compared to a SD makes them both look big. Remember a SD is a 40mm watch. Somehow the darker orange of Andrew's made the watch look a bit smaller than it really is, while Neil's light orange bezel made the face "open up" and look bigger.

Personally I like the dark orange more. Just my preference.

Its ok Nanuq. Thanks any way. This week I will pop up into a local Omega dealer and try them both on my wrist.

the 42.5 is plenty big imho, to me it is bigger looking than the rolex subs and slightly smaller than a 44 mm pam, but not realy small, and your welcome amk , when u said thank u , lol

joe