When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Decisions, decisions.....

Steve52

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a a Pam 288k (never had a Pam) and either a Slevin or Cousteau Diver 2003 from Josh (I don't see the 2006 version on his website). :thumbsupsmileyanim: I just can't decide which IWC to get. :animal_rooster:

I'm hoping the group here can help me make a decision so I can place my order and start the waiting game! :group:

I'm worried about the Slevin being too small. I have an InGenuier and like it, but it's a bit small for me, or at least compared to my other watches (UPOs and Ebels). Does the Slevin wear larger? It looks like the same case to me in the pictures.

I'm worried about the Cousteau being too big (I know-- too big, too small....). I have a 7.5" wrist and my favorite watch is my Franken UPO with is 45.5 mm but with a bezel. I'm thinking without a bezel the Cousteau will look huge. Will it? I'm also a bit concerned about the blue and as I've never worn one. How blue is it? I'm hoping for dark blue!

Or...should I get them both and sell the one I don't like here at RWG? Will it be easy to sell?

ANY thoughts or opinions from this group will certainly be appreciated! :yu:

Thanks all!

Steve

Slevin wears large enough because the lugs can be slightly overwhelming. Out of the two, SLEVIN all the way. I have heard they have limited stock of these again and once these have gone, they're gone.

Additionally, these are replicated amazingly well. I had one and compared it to the quality of my gen non chrono SS Aquatimer and the quality is shockingly close.

The 3719 it is! Not that I'm that indecisive, but I think I'll get the version with the rubber strap, and the one with the SS bracelet. I've bought a few watches on RWG, but never sold any. What do you think, will it be easy to sell the one I like the least once they arrive? :confused:

Thanks everyone!

Steve

Good choice. It's extraordinarily close to gen as well. If i wasn't into reps as hobby, i doubt i'd be able to tell.

The only real tell is the sharpness of the bevel on the hour markers. To see that you need to hold the watch up to your nose (and know what you're looking for).

Actually I think the biggest tell on both is the lume on the inner tachy ring. You should also bear in mind that the lumed area of the tachy ring is a tad long relative to the gen and only properly lines up with the markers at a "half click" on the inner bezel adjustment mechanism. Fact of life but still a great rep.

Actually I think the biggest tell on both is the lume on the inner tachy ring. You should also bear in mind that the lumed area of the tachy ring is a tad long relative to the gen and only properly lines up with the markers at a "half click" on the inner bezel adjustment mechanism. Fact of life but still a great rep.

Ahh yes, I'd forgotten about the lume. I haven't actually owned the rep (I own the gen) but i've held two of them and they were very good. Didn't notice anything about the bezel except that its much smoother on the rep.

I ordered the 3719 in both bracelet and rubber strap. I'll decide which to keep when they arrive. I'm thinking of keeping both the bracelet and strap and selling the head only. Think it will sell?

Just got the quality check photos from Joshua today and they look great. They should be here later this week!!! :Jumpy:

I'll take pics when they arrive.

Thanks for your help everyone! :drinks:

Steve

The big boys had a few last pieces in last week from the maker (according to Josh), but they're all gone now.

Still haven't made up my mind whether I like the 2006 Cousteau or the Slevin better. Both reps rank way up there though, amazing watches. From reviews it seems like the 2006 Cousteau just edges the Slevin in quality.

what's remain unclear is why they stopped the production of this replica... 20 pcs in less than 48 hrs without any advertaising nor broader infos it's a clear signal to start again the production...

Edited by Alxj