When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It occurred to me that ...

Baryonic Matter

... you might like to know this:

Quantum electrodynamics (QED) is the relativistic quantum field theory of electrodynamics. In essence, it describes how light and matter interact and is the first theory where full agreement between quantum mechanics and special relativity is achieved. QED mathematically describes all phenomena involving electrically charged particles interacting by means of exchange of photons and represents the quantum counterpart of classical electrodynamics giving a complete account of matter and light interaction. One of the founding fathers of QED, Richard Feynman, has called it "the jewel of physics" for its extremely accurate predictions of quantities like the anomalous magnetic moment of the electron, and the Lamb shift of the energy levels of hydrogen.

In technical terms, QED can be described as a perturbation theory of the electromagnetic quantum vacuum.

if you're not planning to use QED to improve the lume in our reps (like trapping photons in lower quantum states while in sun light and discharging them in the shade), I'd say this information is not very relevant :)

The electrons would have to be in higher quantum states so that when they fall into lower quantum states (and therefore lose energy) which would spontaneously release a photon of the same energy as the change in quantum state.

Having established that, +10000, if it helps me get line this all day long, bring on the quantum electrodynamics!

f8e88124.jpg