When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Narikaa Noobmariner?

yeldarb

I've heard of such good things of Narikaa's noobmariner that I had to buy one to see for myself. This was back in February and when the watch arrived I was rather disappointed; compared to Josh's beginmariner they were pretty much the same watch but the noobmariner from narikaa had many issues. First of all the rotor was extremely loud and something was lose, so I opened the back and a screw was loose. Then I checked for the serial number, i did my research and genuine noobs are suppose to have the serial F520117 but mine had M092117, the exact same one as josh's. I asked Reg about this but he didn't give me much reassurance other than "these things happen, I QC'd the watch before I sent it." The bezel with little effort can be turned clockwise for about 5 clicks. Can anyone explain this or is Reg just blind?

Thanks

Brad

I've got one from reg recently and yes rotor is a bit noisy. But my bezel is one way.

Strap was poor but I changed that.

Not had it open yet

But then again what you expect for 68 good for the price...

________

sent from Galaxy Tab overcome rom

Edited by dax

I've got one from reg recently and yes rotor is a bit noisy. But my bezel is one way.

Strap was poor but I changed that.

Not had it open yet

But then again what you expect for 68 good for the price...

________

sent from Galaxy Tab overcome rom

I guess I was expecting a bit more cause everyone was giving it such extraordinary praise. But for 68 pounds, it's roughly the same price as josh or andrew's which i think are better.

You do have a noob, it's v2 w/ the M092117 SN. Noisy rotors are par for the course w/ the asian 21j, but you should be able to put the screw back in if you can find where it came from. At that point, if it's running you should be ok. The bezel just isn't catching the stops when you turn clockwise. You could take the bezel off and bend the stops up a little more to fix it, or just don't worry about it, since you probably won't be scuba diving with it.

• 1 year later...

"are the LEC supposed to line up? Mine just arrived and I asked if he could do a quick QC before, but still mines off to the left"

I have seen a few that were very close and a few that were not so close, it's the luck of the draw.

The problem is because of where the magnifier is cemented on the crystal in relation to the lec. If the magnifier is off a little (+/-  a few degrees from 90 degrees) in relation to the lec, the lec will be out of whack because the magnifier has to be centered over the date.

I have read a few complaints on forums about genuine rlx watches with this same problem...lec off a minute or two.