When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some New Shots Of My Franken Sub

Tribal

fantastic job tribal. yet another inspiration for my current frankensub that is being built, just waiting for a few more parts to arrive :)

excellent!!! and great pics by the way......what watch is the datewheel from?

This one is the whole movement of my MBW 1B...

Only swapped to the case,because thats the best Dial i have seen yet..

I have seen you have bought a nice TW best sub...

Hope to see the next nice Franken..

i sure did, lucked out.....that case is REALLY impressive. waiting for the noobmariner for some parts, then its a little drilling here and there, some swapping of parts, and the pics will be up :)

Is the case with lugholes..?

Can't wait to see results..

That is one great looking sub. I never get tired of looking at it. You SHOULD be proud as I know you are.

I have ordered one of TTK's "Noobmariners" based on your excellent review...it really helped...I look forward to building my own Franken one day in the near future...

Again, great sub! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DWSmoot

yup, the case has the lugholes and the deeeeep rehaut (i know its annoying to bring up, but it really is true)

the cyclops looks pretty spot on also. cant wait to put this one together

Great,this case is hard to find.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm searching for tw case with no lugholes for an other project,but can't find one :(

Ok members,if everyone is out there who has a TW Best Sub with no lugholes

please sell it to me...

Great,this case is hard to find.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm searching for tw case with no lugholes for an other project,but can't find one :(

Ok members,if everyone is out there who has a TW Best Sub with no lugholes

please sell it to me...

watchmaster sells the same case as the tw el sells with lugholes his just dont have lugholes but same exact case basically, he has had them for over a year now , i have done several of them onexchef was the most recent one i did he showed it off for u guys back then , hope this helps

joe

the case that i have is the twbest classic with the lugholes. i have no idea where it originated from cause i got it second hand.

its funny, cause other then the case and the crystal, the watch is really not good at all, not even close. one of the worst dials i have ever seen, terrible bracelet, feels like its made of tin foil.

but, of course, the only thing i'm interested in here is the case, so i could give a rats ass about the rest :)

the case that i have is the twbest classic with the lugholes. i have no idea where it originated from cause i got it second hand.

its funny, cause other then the case and the crystal, the watch is really not good at all, not even close. one of the worst dials i have ever seen, terrible bracelet, feels like its made of tin foil.

but, of course, the only thing i'm interested in here is the case, so i could give a rats ass about the rest :)

Keep in mind that the gen bracelet does - in my opinion - sort of have that tin foil feel too it.

@ lions&tigers, i'm glad that you found a TW best classic. are the lug holes centered or will you have to bias the center when you drill out to the larger size? i have a TW classic and the lug holes are a little too close to the edge of the lug to just enlarge. i'm looking for a solution. i agree the dial is not great.....the date font is wrong and the dial letters are not brilliant. the bracelet is totally wrong with the wrong end-links and number stamped on the bracelet itself. however, as you say, the rehaut is deeeeeeeeep and the crystal sticks up nicely above the bezel/insert. i am sourcing a TWG sub as a donor watch to make my franken sub look as close to tribal's franken as i can.

@tribal, as i've said before, your watch is stunning and i learned something about the sub dial's minute markings from your pics. thanks for what you have done to inspire us to improving our frankens!! :D

• 3 months later...