When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What to think about with Cape Cod?

fitmic

I get really good results with a CC. Like Offshore says,It will remove AR,so be careful. Then again If you want to remove outer AR,say due to scratches,the cc works great. When it comes to brushed I use a Scotch brite pad. I had a pretty bad scratch on the clasp of my Omega SMPO. The SBP removed It In a few min. Just remember when using a SBP,go with the grain, In one direction. I also find It helps to have the pad slightly danp,eaiser to work with Imo. Between the CC and SBP I've been able to keep my watches looking really nice.:)Mike

Do you have any recommendations for where to get polishing wheels and jeweler's rouge for the Dremel?

I use jewellers white rouge made for hard metals. As for polishing wheels I wish I had a table polishing wheel. I just use the regular polishing cloths you get when you buy a dremel. just dont sit too long or else the friction will cause weird marks on your polished surface

I get really good results with a CC. Like Offshore says,It will remove AR,so be careful. Then again If you want to remove outer AR,say due to scratches,the cc works great. When it comes to brushed I use a Scotch brite pad. I had a pretty bad scratch on the clasp of my Omega SMPO. The SBP removed It In a few min. Just remember when using a SBP,go with the grain, In one direction. I also find It helps to have the pad slightly danp,eaiser to work with Imo. Between the CC and SBP I've been able to keep my watches looking really nice.:)Mike

What SBP do you use? There are a million versions. PLs advice :)

http://www.3mselect.co.uk

I know. Its just that fitmic is getting a bunch of notifications on his iphone/android/email app about an update on his (this) thread. Then he login to the forum and realise its just us who are talking about someting that he might not have asked for.. like my reply here for instance.. hehe thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thnx offshore. Just placed an order. They only had the green. I just want back to the original finish of an ebel 1911 bracelet. Will be tricky cause the bracelet is made both of brushed and polished bits.

cheers

Nah! All colors are in stock. There is a drop down box to offer options.

I have actually stuck a couple of colors in your order.

O/S

• 4 weeks later...

Nah! All colors are in stock. There is a drop down box to offer options.

I have actually stuck a couple of colors in your order.

O/S

Noticed :) Thnx for fast delivery! I used the red first then the green one. It is sooo easy getting rid of scratches now.

Thnx again :)

Btw are the instructions online somewhere? Think i lost them...

Mate.. if you do a search... GioArmani did a nice tutorial on doing a brush finish or combination of polished and brushed...

:)