When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 replacement bezel options

Librarian

Well I was walking the dog this morning and when I returned I'd lost the entire assembly. It's a $98 from trusty so I believe it's 1:1. Where is the best place to get a replacement? As it's a cheapo price is an issue, especially as I'm skint after doing a Donetrix 6542 (away in Domi land).

All advice greatfully received.

Tell ya what, I'll trade you a half dozen different Sub bezels for that Donerix 6542. :tu:

Hey, one of them HAS to fit, right?? :whistling:

Having seen your stress tests I wouldn't bet the farm on one fitting. :black_eye:

thanks guys, I reckon ebay is the place to go unless jmb runs up more 14060's.

WSO bezels are not compatible with cartel watches, not with MBW, and the best - even not with the retaining ring which WSO offers! :blink:

I ordered the whole set, and I tried it having all versions here. Without a modification on a lathe (OK, some experts would do it with a dremel, I know - but I am talking about a perfect working solution) it is not possible to get them together, if you want the bezel to turn by pressing it down as it should!

The WSO retaining ring is made of butter I think, 'cause you can bend it with your fingers. If I found it, I wil post a pic to show how it looks after a try to press it on a crystal.

But the bezel is made really good, very nice finish. I compared it to a gen, and the only difference is the depth of the teeth.

Also the MBW bezel won't work on a cartel retainer...if I remember it was too loose.

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't give up yet on slimeball's bezel. There are guys modding their 5517 cartel subs with the WSO bezel at RWI.

Maybe the specs are different from bezel to bezel and Omega got a bad one?

It's a long thread but I believe RWI member Dallas has used these.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/how-mod-trevor-5517-81119.html?t=81119&highlight=5517

I wouldn't give up yet on slimeball's bezel. There are guys modding their 5517 cartel subs with the WSO bezel at RWI.

Maybe the specs are different from bezel to bezel and Omega got a bad one?

It's a long thread but I believe RWI member Dallas has used these.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/how-mod-trevor-5517-81119.html?t=81119&highlight=5517

Like I said, if you want to have the function gen like. If not you can press it on the retainer, but you can not turn it anymore. If someone is pleased with only to pop it on - that's OK.