When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are All The Forums Charging To Sell Now?...

Dave123

Hey guys,

Been a while since i have been around the forums,just put up a couple watches here at RWG and see there is a fee now to sell.

To be honest,i think that its a great idea and all these forums should follow suit,been a free ride for too long for flipping watches,should donate for being allowed to resell.

Might not be popular with all,but i think guys that have been around would support this idea,i do,are the other forums (RWI,RG etc..) doing this?,if not,they should. Should be a forum standard.

Thoughts?....

Dave.

I very much agree. The older format was a lot more friendly. There was a sense of a community. I did not sell any watch under that format but a bought a few from fellow members. Now it's like reading the ad section of a paper. Cold, impersonal and boring. It's a petty, it's not as much fun as it used to be when reading watch trade forum.

:(

I also feel that the new sales section seems to be little cold and Indifferent,a loss of community as It were. As far as the fee is concerned??...Im always In agreement when It comes to supporting this community. I also feel that supporter status covered this issue. That being said,I also know that the price of things have gone up..bandwidth etc. But the thing thats really killing me is having to pay $10.00 a month to look at some T&A ;) Maybe a suggestion box for supporting members could be considerd,just a thought. :) Mike

As I have stated before; The classifieds area is a new area that will be heavily developed and for now, nobody will pay to sell. All ads can be posted for free by using the coupon code "adfree".

Eventually, we will most likely go back to the system where supporters can post ads for free, but regular members have to pay to post an item for sale.

The RSS Import robot is just something I am using for now to get the ads to show better on the forum, until a better solution is found.

The RSS Import robot is just something I am using for now to get the ads to show better on the forum, until a better solution is found.

For me, it doesn't show out better. It gets buried. It might seems lo-fi but the bolded FS prefix always caught my eye. Now the new posts in sales don't.

Just my opinion of course. But im not a hate change kinda guy. Everything else about the new system is awesome. Except the sales section.

Is there some way to make them eye catch like they used to within the new system? Maybe we skin up FS posts as a contrasting colour to other new posts...