When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old Style Datejust With Silver Dial: Where To Find One?!

prdubis

Hi

I guess the silver dial Datejust was one of the most famous and sold Rolex ten to fifteen days ago.

I bought a nice rep one, maybe 8 yrs ago, it is really great, except for the cyclop whom magnification is wrong...

I have searched the trusted dealers catalogs for a new, and maybe better one, with no luck!

What's going on? I can't believe this watch is not repped anymore!

Do you know where I can find one?

Or do you know the ref. of the crystal? Maybe I should just buy one from Clarks and then have it fitted, but maybe the cyclop won't match the date wheel position?

Thank you for your help!

http://www.chrono24....m=0&tab=details

Sorry...I'm always thinking about components and parts. Here is a watch that I purchased from Andrew (Trusty) a year ago. It has a vintage style dial and bracelet. It's the only quasi vintage style DJ I could find.

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=854

Then I went on eBay and purchased a silver linen dial. I liked that so I went kinda crazy and sourced a vintage style jube bracelet and then a 18K white gold fluted gen bezel. I have too much in the watch, but I will always have it and then my son has his eye on it. Gen DJ crystal fit perfectly. Bezel fits perfectly. I need to change the crystal to sapphire but haven't.

100_2841-resized.jpg

DJs are relatively easy to mod and come out with a nice watch.

• Like 1

Then I went on eBay and purchased a silver linen dial. I liked that so I went kinda crazy and sourced a vintage style jube bracelet and then a 18K white gold fluted gen bezel.

Gorgeous! What a nice piece.

Sorry...I'm always thinking about components and parts. Here is a watch that I purchased from Andrew (Trusty) a year ago. It has a vintage style dial and bracelet. It's the only quasi vintage style DJ I could find.

http://www.yourtrust...products_id=854

Then I went on eBay and purchased a silver linen dial. I liked that so I went kinda crazy and sourced a vintage style jube bracelet and then a 18K white gold fluted gen bezel. I have too much in the watch, but I will always have it and then my son has his eye on it. Gen DJ crystal fit perfectly. Bezel fits perfectly. I need to change the crystal to sapphire but haven't.

100_2841-resized.jpg

Your watch looks fantastic... I am into getting one. I might consider taking that one from trusty and get a gen dial. One question: does the dial fit the movement well?

Thanks

http://www.yourtrust...products_id=854

100_2841-resized.jpg

Hi can you post some more pictures of your watch? What size is it?

Thanks

Your watch looks fantastic... I am into getting one. I might consider taking that one from trusty and get a gen dial. One question: does the dial fit the movement well?

Thanks

It's a gen dial and and Swiss made ETA 2836 movement, so there is trimming and glueing involved. I have done it several times though and have gotten to where I know where the bodies are buried...so to speak. It can be done so that the dial can be removed if need be.

The plastic crystal for the 16000 series cases is 25-135. 16200 cases take the 25-295C-1 sapphire.

So...if I call this a 16200, instead of a 16234 then I am OK with the plastic crystal? But do I need to drill the lugs if I do that? Also, I am not sure where the linen dial fit into the product line.