When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Not Wear A Gen Pam And Remove The Cg ?

PeteM

I was watching a new programme over here in UK called 'Law & Order' Los Angeles...

I noticed the bald headed lead detective was wearing a DL but he had removed the CG... I assume the CG was pressing into his wrist (He is RH) etc ...

I wonder how many guys do this... its the first I have seen... wonder why he dont consider a destro but having said that... not sure I understand why anyone would wear a PAM without the CG.... if I was that way minded I would get a Rad... and considering he cant of paid for it.... why not go Rad unless of course he pulled it out of wardrobe....

Anyone else seen this before...??

• Like 1

Yes,at a watchday here in Cologne a few years ago i saw a guy without CG( it was a 000 G series,i ask him why did he removed the Cg.

Answer was the wrist is to big and the watch goes down to the handtop,i was wondering about that,

But like s that look,i didnt like that,for me a pam needs CG.

Thom

I could imagine someone getting a Pam as a gift. Someone who could give a [censored] about watches or the brand. They might find the CG a pain in the ass (it actually kind of is when you think about winding and setting the time with it in place). 99% of watches have no guard like this so I could see them removing it purely from an "easier to use" reason. Kind of like a "lazy man Pam mod".

Edited by collector26

Panerai without CG is like Mercedes-Benz without the star or Ferrari without the cavallo !!!

Sorry absolutly No GO !

If the watch is too big (44 or 47mm) those guys should buy an Omega or IWC ( no BigPilot of course ;-))

In germany we have an advertising on TV "...sind sie zu stark bist Du zu schwach" that fits to the Panerai.

Totally agree on the vintage PAMs but I just cant understand why you would wear any watch with two holes showing in the side of the case and more importantly on view on your wrist...

Makes me wonder if this guy is contracted to wear a PAM in the show?

I am wearing since a few weeks a rep 26K besides my gen 111 and my beach rep 111. Atthebeginning it felt unusual wearing a " lefty" on the left watch. Because of the CG on the 'wrong' side, but quck it doesnt't bother me at all - just wear your Pam and have some fun - but please never remove the CG ;~)

Regards temporarly from Naples, FL

PAM without CG is not right visually. The crown needs not be that big and thin. The thin crown in such a big watch is just to allow it to fit into a decently sized CG; and its large diameter is to allow it to be winded (when the lever is opened) by protruding out of the CG thickness. It's just not right without the CG!

He could go to his AD and tell them his CG fell off and got lost and that he needs a new CG

(and then sell it to Pete)

LOL Tanya :)

Funny enough I watched another episode and in different scenes he had the CG in others it wasnt there.... same watch though

But he must enjoy the PAMs because in some episodes he has an antique brown alligator on buckle in others a non OEM calf.... so he clearly swaps them or his wardrobe guy is a Risti and enjoys doing it !! ;)