When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Submariner Story

dbutlerman

$120 for the IPad app..which is pretty much same book in electronic version.

I sure hope the Ipad app for "the Submariner Story" is better than the Iphone app for "100 Years of Rolex". When I first got it the app worked Ok, but when I upgraded to the Iphone5, the app started crashing, and would go back to the first page every time I tried to look at the photos. i even tried removing the app and re downloading it,no better! I went to  Apple's app store and found that they had a newer HD version out, but at a considerable price. No possibility of and upgrade if you owned the older version, no discount if you wanted to upgrade, full price for everyone.I decided that  I really wan't going to take a chance on the HD version, still use the old version, but it's still buggy.i believe that it's pretty rotten on the part of app designers to sell one version and rthen stop supporting that version and skip ahead and then charge everyone full price for the newer version.

So what I'm hosting is the first 30 pages? An xcode-ers on here that can hack the app into pdf?? :D

Yep, 30 random pages, but still appreciated you uploading Dan.

If enough of us say chip in and one of us gets the app, Im sure it will be worth it :)

I don't mind getting it, and what I would recommend is waiting until I/we have found out if its possible to either share this iTunes book, 100%, and/or decrypt  it to a readable PDF book.

If, and when we have 100% certain that we will be able to do both/either, then I will be happy to take say €5 Euro from each interested party (20 members), then once we are up to the €100 Euro mark, i will purchase an iTunes gift card for that amount, then purchase the app, and convert to PDF, then upload, and share with contributors only first, then for everyone else. 

To make it fair, as I say, contributors first, then anyone else wanting a copy, they can pm me, but must have over 200 posts.

Sound fair?

Edited by SSTEEL

Amended previous post to include 20 members chipping in €5 Euro each for the full app. This is of course when we find out its possible to create a PDF from it.  Im actually working on a solution right now with some of my software savvy friends.

A friend of mine is trying to find a solution with ifile, but failing this, the only other way to get the entire book to PDF format is for me to manually screenshot each and every page, then compile the pdf.  I don't mind doing this if needed :)