When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 Tophat Question

$tingray

Hi guys

Todays choice of watch is a Rolex 'The Zigmeistermariner' 1680 fully modded and with genuine crystal etc.

I never reallly never thought of it before but it looks like my crystal is "short" :g:

Anyone know how many mm there should be between top of crystal and bezelinsert?

Tx and hagwe

/$

$tingray you can remove your insert and "flatten" it against a hard surface. If it's conical now that eats up some of the high sidewall. You might need to sand its perimeter so it snaps in but flatter might look better. I've done that on most of mine.

I've measured a few gens and the thickness of everything seems to be about 14.5mm.

I've measured a few gens and the thickness of everything seems to be about 14.5mm.

$tingray you can remove your insert and "flatten" it against a hard surface. If it's conical now that eats up some of the high sidewall. You might need to sand its perimeter so it snaps in but flatter might look better. I've done that on most of mine.

+1

I have also done this on a few watches and it works perfect.