When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Disappointment from PureTime

alterego

What's with the fake western names anyway? Angus, Nikki, Joshua, Andrew. Do they think it makes them seem more trustworthy?

they are all popular because they are also used for a business reason. It's very hard to tell if the classic chinese names are for men or women, so people thought it'll be much easier to use, and it makes them easier to get identified by their customers.

i never forget the first time i went to Hong Kong and everybody had his little insigna on his Jacket: Jack, Ken, Linda, Mandy whatsoever.....

I watched a program about asian call-centres once and all the employees were "assigned" western identities, with background stories too. They were even given information on western sports and popular culture so they could make small talk. I guess it's something similar with the rep dealers.

Hi guys. Puritime, the truted dealer, HAS NOT FALLEN FROM GRACE. Angus replied my message and he says he'll send me another watch. After so many members of this forum spoke so poitively about Angus, I never lost hope. This indicates he's always the trusted dealer you guys told me when I wrote my first post about this uncomfortable situation.

I hope the piece I ordered is still in stock, so as to finally enjoy this ellusive Breguet Type II Aeronavale.

I'll get back to you s soon as I get information about the new shipment.

Cheers!!!

Hi all: I posted an update about this last night. I don't see it in the thread, but I may have overlooked it. It all boils down Angus finally answering to my mails. He asked what watch he should send me. I answered right away giving the information about the missing watch. A Breguet Aeronavale Type II, no date.

I am quite happy as everything seems to be clicking into position, now that - as many commented in thethread - Angus is the man seeing that things are done right.

I'll keep tou posted.

Cheers !!!

What's with the fake western names anyway? Angus, Nikki, Joshua, Andrew. Do they think it makes them seem more trustworthy?

Because it would be a pain In the ass to have to say....Chung lo lee...or ti mi shu.... was this or that. The western names make it easier for everyone.

Although there was this one dealer who went by the name of Leroy....that was pushing it a bit Imo...Bruce Lee Roy makes more sense. :chinese:

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The watch is here !!!! it arrieved today. Four months and a half to se my dream come true. Angus was loyal to his policy regarding customer satisfacttion. He sent me a second watch, replacing the one that was lost in transit to Chile. I'm very happy as I reported a few meinutes ago on this thread. The watch is stunning. I'll post some pics during the week end.

Cheers to Angus, who happens to be only one person whose credibility is not at stake at Puretime.

Thank you guys for your support and advise, that kept my hopealive during all these long days waiting for the mail.

Cheers !!!