When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded my 111 Noob movement. Almost gen :)

Rolexman

While I was doing a full sevice I decided to do a little modding to it. Although platinum plated I found the appearance of the bridges rather dull (see first pic).

-polished all the bridges

-polished all the beveles including the ones on the winding gears

-polished the winding gear screws

-unscrewed the swan-neck screw (adjusted beat afterwards off course)

Just love it and I do think this is now one of THE most accurate reps around! Can't wait to put this baby back together. Really hard to capture the great lusture and shine on the pictures. In real life this one is almost indistinguishable from the real deal.

:wub:

post-682-0-88478400-1318355554.jpg

post-682-0-76126500-1318355616.jpg

post-682-0-65240200-1318355663.jpg

How hard is it to re-wind the main spring?

If you've never done it before it is not recommended. Unwinding is dangerous because the spring carries a lot of toque. Rewinding it is also trickie because of the winding direction that has to be taken into account, breaking of the spring and contaminating the barrel with dirth. Just try with an old watch. I can send you a photo tutorial. Shoot me pm.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I used some cape cod for the bridges and green tripoli and a dremel for all the bevels. Same thing for the ss screws. Did a ultra sonic clean afterwards.

Ps: wat color does the tip of the second hand post need to be?

-black

-silver

-gold

Thanks!!

Great work mate looks fantastic, thanks for sharing :) Post tip is silver but because it sits slightly below the sec hand gromet (which is also silver) it appears black. Here are a few pics on the gen including the hands.

I also have this link to tearing down and rebuilding a 6497 which some may not of seen (Not meaning to TC mate :) )

http://www.eta.ch/sw.../6497/6947.html

Pics-

Great work mate looks fantastic, thanks for sharing smile.png Post tip is silver but because it sits slightly below the sec hand gromet (which is also silver) it appears black. Here are a few pics on the gen including the hands.

Thanks P. In the end I decided not to mod the center pinion. I tried some methods on an old hand and it is almost impossible to get a sharp round silver paint edge. The only decent way is to remove the hand from the tube or try to scratch away the paint with a needle. But than you run the risk of flaking paint of the hand itself....

This looks great!

All you need is a Y shaped incabloc and it's a done deal!

Thanks mate! Personally I don't think the time and energy that goes into that mod contributes to anything. Who but us know these things ;)

Which one is better between this and the one from Kuvarsite's. Thanks in advance.

I never seen the Kuvarsit movement in real life but from pictures I would say the CDG and plating on the Kurvasit is still the best available. Only con is the printed movement markings instead of engraving.

• 2 months later...