When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hey Check Out My Ubimariner Inspired Sub ;) .

i 1st saw this insert in one of UBI'S post i think he called it his UBIMARINER :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i liked the silver/silver look so i replaced my standard black insert with this silver one .

i installed it in my daily beater :) i think it looks cool , 90% of my watches have black inserts & all look alike so this is a refreshng change for me :) ..

oh this insert originaly came with a red pearl & i removed the red paint with nail polish remover to expose the luminus pearl ..

137891-17777.jpg

137891-17778.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats, it looks 1000 times better than the black bezel!

On a watch like that, I could even consider purchasing a Rolex rep...

I lost my insert on my beater SD swimming the other week and i like the way the watch looked and have been thinking of putting a yachtmaster insert in, any thoughts on how that would look?

By the way my daughter found it again so it is back to black, but the thought hangs on nagging at me, after seeing this post i think i will

post-175-1164129506_thumb.jpg

Here's my interpretation of the Ubimariner, white sub dial and the Yachtmaster bezel. I don't know if you call it a Yachtmariner, or a Submaster.

I had the silver sub bezel on it first, but didn't like it, so I put the Yachtmaster bezel on. I probably would have liked the silver sub bezel better if I had taken the red off of the pearl.

i dont know why r@lex didnt offer this colo combo sub .. i think it looks kinds cool ! & different from your day to day black on black sub ..

p.s. i bought this bezel insert from the bay ! it came with a red color pearl wich i didnt like so i removed the red color with nail polish remover :victory:

Do the red pearls have any luminous propertys either before or after you removed the colour, that is the bit that putts me off the silver sub bezel?