When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's play our favourite game -- Name That Watch! (or those watches, in this case)

tabularasa415

Alright,

I love the "name that watch" game. I've played it many times and it always proves entertaining and educational, so I figure it's my turn. Today we're playing with two watches. Both Rolex Submariners. Be very careful, while one may seem obvious, the other is not. That's all I'm going to say. On to the game!

And for the record, I purposefully left out pictures of the coronet on the outside of the clasps. I provided shots of the inside and the side views of the clasps in substitution because I personally think that knowing what those look like is a better means of identifying clasps and bracelets. (I can't make it too easy :bangin: )

First, a side by side comparison:

sbs2bm.jpg

sbs1a.jpg

Watch #1

frontmeh.jpg

face1cw.jpg

sel2.jpg

sel1t.jpg

dialt.jpg

crystalpg.jpg

crownc.jpg

46528366.jpg

clasp2.jpg

claspj.jpg

And now, on to watch #2

frontvw.jpg

face1ab.jpg

dial1n.jpg

crystalpx.jpg

crownj.jpg

sel2m.jpg

sel1i.jpg

clasp2.jpg

clasp1.jpg

41556707.jpg

Oh, and I'm glad this project finally gave me an excuse to use my Rolex brand cotton gloves B)

glovez.jpg

So, let the guessing begin. I'm anxious to hear what everyone thinks they see...

The first one looks like a M092117 noobmariner, and the second one might be a Wm9 v2.5 or somewhere between a 2 and a 3. The crown guards on the second are a tad overshaved- too much gap in one of the pics. The dial looks like the WM9- maybe a little bit of puffiness on the lumed markers.