When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any reviews of the newer 3135 superclone subs?

charlesdayton

is it too much to hope theyd make a nice 1520/30 movement, or even a proper GMT. if they were asking which movement to rep i dont think the 3135 would be at the top of the list

One step at a time. I just hope they got the first one right. :lol: Having a movement which allows for proper crown height and using a gen dial without ripping off the feet for the basic sub is priceless. I wonder if we are going to see a big rise in price for sub dials. ;)

Here is my 2 cents...

I bought an SA3135 16622 Rolesium from a member at a good used price. I have been through a few Rolesium reps and I wanted this watch for the chance that it will turn out to be a great rep. IMO it is a 90%er.

I doubt I will ever spring for a gen Rolesium dial $$$, I admit I was intriged with new 3135 having 31 jewels and lasting a good long while. I could care less about the dress up clone'ness of the Rolex 3135 movement it represents but it appears that it is what is advertized. The watch is stunning to me for sure.

Here is what I DO know,

it beats at 28,800

mine was checked over by jmb and it was -1 s/d...and is still there at this calibrated time. damn good

the weight it dead on imo

fit and finish ecellent imo

Whether or not is falls apart is still to be seen

Whether or not it can take gen parts will prolly not happen on my end

The reason I bought this was it came for sale at a better price than PureTimes (which it was bought from. I have the invoice from PT) was the WATCH not nessarially the SAS3135 movement,

Jmb was very interested in seeeing this new movement up close and it def is NOT a dressed up 2836-2 it IS a totally new dsign as far as we could tell.

I'll chime in am post how it goes over time..please feel free to PM if you have questions about how it is going with this new replica Rolesium

So the movement changes the date in the right direction, has the right size and font on the date wheel and takes a gen dial without having to remove the feet? if so, than it is priceless. :)

Correct it definatley does that....100%

I'm thinking ridiculously good franken datejust. I can pick up case, bracelet and dial with hands cheap. Pop in this movement and there it is!

+1 if they whould only sell the movment seperate ....

Time will tell I guess.....but this is defantley the latest 3135 clone movement..i'll chime in from time to time and update how it goes.

I think it is only time before these come into the parts market then it's franken city.

I am wondering if you can re-engineer an old MBW to take the movement and then it is gen dial city. The funny thing is I would be adding feet back to all those dials I butchered the first time. :)

you could. but it would be a fast beat movement and the date wheel still wouldnt turn in the correct direction, maybe even the dial feet are different on the 1520 versus the 3135. a conversion to a 1520 probably wouldnt work and or be too costly