When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Changing Watches

dcrooz

I was reading a previous thread regarding Star's post about PAM's and not being able to wear smaller watches and it rang true to a certain degree.

I'm actually adverse to switching between any watch a lot of the time. For a few hours, sometimes a day or two I am still getting used to having switched. I could be switching from a pam to omega to rollie or the other way around and it will take a little while to get used to any one. Also, frequently I totally forget what I'm wearing and I go to show off my 112h and I'll be wearing something else... something else whihc will still be very very nice though!!!

Anyway, the question was is do other members struggle getting a watch off their wrists, I know I do...

My neurosis dives even deeper.

If I want to wear one of my reps for a few days, like at the moment I've got reattached to my SMP (one of the original correct ones), then I'll pick the clothes to suit (sic) the watch. So it's white shirts and nice ties with charcoal troos. Yep I am one sad bastard!

JTB

My neurosis dives even deeper.

If I want to wear one of my reps for a few days, like at the moment I've got reattached to my SMP (one of the original correct ones), then I'll pick the clothes to suit (sic) the watch. So it's white shirts and nice ties with charcoal troos. Yep I am one sad bastard!

JTB

Lol, I had to ditch the PAM this morning as I was wearing a blue shirt to work, so obviously the Omega SMP had to come on, as did the wavy blue cufflinks!!! Don't know what I'll wear to match it tomorrow. Either way, like Ubi in his previous post I find watches get glued to my wrist and it's hard to change. Fortunately I don't have a huge selection...

interesting. i'm totally different -- i hardly never wear the same watch more than two days in a row. i like the change; i generally wake up and put on whatever sounds good that morning. but generally, i do take into consideration what i'm wearing that day and try to pick a watch that matches.

here are my general trends:

-dressed up (especially if wearing a suit) = santos 100, navitimer or pam 183

-business casual (khakis & button down shirt) = pam 111h or submariner

-casual (jeans, etc) = chrono avenger, pam 217, omega po

dt

I too get bored of the same watch for more than a couple of days. I have several in my box that were once favorites and are now semi-retired. That is why I still buy numerous reps. Even my genuine presidents didn't get as much wrist time as they deserved so I sold them. Much better to have 25 reps than one gen IMO.

The only reason I even buy reps, is so that I can own a lot of different watches that I can change up all the time depending on my mood or situation. I always seem to go back to my SMP, but recently I have been wearing the TAG Chrono alot, and the perfect sub a lot, and my 112 alot, and on and on.

The longest that one particualr watch stays on is maybe 5 or 6 days, then...what's next?

I have no problem switching from one brand to another. I changed from a PAM036 to a Tag Golf here, just because I saw it and haven't worn it for a while. Big size difference! :1a:

I have to admit I am wearing for the past 2 weeks (and partly cos of the holiday) an Omega SMP Chrono in titanium, or the PAM036, but changing straps. There is also the occasional wearing of the PAM063 too, but I'm sure I'll change to others soon enough.

I have no problem switching from one brand to another. I changed from a PAM036 to a Tag Golf here, just because I saw it and haven't worn it for a while. Big size difference! :1a:

I have to admit I am wearing for the past 2 weeks (and partly cos of the holiday) an Omega SMP Chrono in titanium, or the PAM036, but changing straps. There is also the occasional wearing of the PAM063 too, but I'm sure I'll change to others soon enough.

I'm wearing my gen DateJust right now but the Omega Speedmaster , Navitimer and other Rolex reps get the most wrist time. I change to a different watch every day.