When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 000G - 'The poor mans Logo'

PeteM

This is my PAM 000

This model was introduced on the G series. It was created as an homage to the 201a by OP. (Arguably a marketing ploy! But hey..Who cares!)

It is nicknamed 'The Poor Man's Logo' as the only Logo Risti's consider as The Logo is the 201a... Thats their opinion! I absolutely love this watch as to me it epitomises everything about OP.

The sausage dial, The strong lume, The Logo, The base dial, The fat CG.

This model was released in a year that OP was changing its standard design on Luminors... up until then they had released models with a thin CG and sausage dials.... for the G series OP reintroduced the Fat CG (Similar to the PreV CGs), they introduced the sandwich dial and made small changes to the case, the crystal including the AR and the millesimation plus some other variations ie movements etc

You can generally tell a G series as below the 6 is written 'L Swiss L' rather than 'L Swiss Made L'

Another thing to consider with this series is, as with PreAs, As etc there were variations to each model, Transitional models you might say like the A series to B series models... so you can see some models that have parts from the previous series with parts from the current (at that time) series.

Again this is what makes Panerai's all the more fun :)

The G series 000's are different to all 000s that followed, most notably the size and shape of the lume.... the G series indices were thicker and a slightly different shape... after that series the dials have remained constant. In addition the CGs are also different, to be honest I am not quite sure how, I do see small differences in the pin and around the crown area though not enough to be sure, but those that know have commented on it and in addition one thing I do know for certain is the 000G and 005 CGs have different part numbers to the CGs on other models. That fact I got from OP itself.

I can post comparison pics if they are wanted by anyone?

• Like 1

I knew you would see it mate :)

Specs are :

Gen case

Gen CG

Gen crown

Gen Dial

Gen hands

Gen crystal with correct AR for G series

Jakob caseback (numbered to order to ensure correct PB to S/N on the millesimation)

Swiss Movement

Strapped onto an Orloff Vero Cuio with MX buckle from RF.

CuOio , is correct , mate! B)

Leave me the possibilities to correct you, once on a time, Pete :p

Thank you :)

Where would I be without my adopted cockney friend ;)

Thanks again for the comments

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks M..... I appreciate you saying that mate... it means alot coming from you :)

Funny you never really liked these dials.... that sort of surprises me... I think :)

I'll tell you some more strange things - out of the original PreV models my favorite is the 203/a and not the LOGO or the 4liner, but overall I like A series models more than any other series that came before or after it.

You must tell me where you manage to find all these OEM cases!

• Like 1

I always like the A's but as a source of ambiguity my favourites are the B-T's

I just use the same case mate... just swap the movements round ;):)