When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another 5513 build

dutchguy2

OK, I cannot stay behind those beautiful 5513 builds. I must admit mine is not as nice but on the other side it did not break the bank!

Still waiting for my josh 5513 case so I used a MBW 1680 L series case to get going (had to strip my 1680 for this :( )

Build is as follow:

- MBW 1680 case

- Gen dial (with some WABI)

- MBW original crown

- Yuki hand set

- 2836-2 movement (will be replaced with a slow beat once the case is there)

- Cousins insert with home made pearl, vintagized

- Bracelet, 93150 with 580 end pieces

- WSO T19 crystal (needed a lot of work to fit)

Some pictures:

foto495.jpg

foto494.jpg

foto493.jpg

foto496.jpg

foto497.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very nice Dutch! That looks great! How did you make your pearl?

I wonder what the differences are between the MBW 5513 and 1680 cases?

I have a MBW 5513 case set and am assembling parts for a 5512. I have gen T19, gen 702 crown/tube(ty ubi) and the case set has already had the needed mods.

Also have a nos gen insert. I am waiting on an Ingod 5512 dial to get here. I still have not decided on a movement.

Very nice Dutch! That looks great! How did you make your pearl?

I wonder what the differences are between the MBW 5513 and 1680 cases?

I have a MBW 5513 case set and am assembling parts for a 5512. I have gen T19, gen 702 crown/tube(ty ubi) and the case set has already had the needed mods.

Also have a nos gen insert. I am waiting on an Ingod 5512 dial to get here. I still have not decided on a movement.

Sounds like a fantastic project/build when finished.

I don't think there is a difference between the MBW 5513 and 1680 besides the engraving.

The pearl was made from epoxy and lume and about 15 try outs LOL.

Yes, some of them do. (please don't bid on the one that is for sale on the bay right know ;-) I hope to call it mine soon)

well your not to far away :) the other one has the MBW 5513 case - strangely the 1680 case is better ;) gen Plexi (30 Euro), Insert (50 Euro), aftermarked tube (10 Euro) and gen crown (30 Euro) and slow beat ETA (10+ Euro incl beat up watch ;) ) and your done ...

cheers,

Frank

well your not to far away :) the other one has the MBW 5513 case - strangely the 1680 case is better ;) gen Plexi (30 Euro), Insert (50 Euro), aftermarked tube (10 Euro) and gen crown (30 Euro) and slow beat ETA (10+ Euro incl beat up watch ;) ) and your done ...

cheers,

Frank

Hav you got a source for a gen plexy at 30 and insert at 50?

Hav you got a source for a gen plexy at 30 and insert at 50?

i just bought my parts for this amount in a gen forum - if you watch ebay you can get this parts for even lower ..

cheers,

Frank

Yes, some of them do. (please don't bid on the one that is for sale on the bay right know ;-) I hope to call it mine soon)

... damn, as I suspected another rep builder was watching that one... I'm sure you mean the 5513 dial with the nice creamy markers and spider effect. Did you win the bidding? Ended up going for higher than the cap I set for myself, but was still disappointed I wasn't the one to snag it!

... damn, as I suspected another rep builder was watching that one... I'm sure you mean the 5513 dial with the nice creamy markers and spider effect. Did you win the bidding? Ended up going for higher than the cap I set for myself, but was still disappointed I wasn't the one to snag it!

Yep, I was meaning that. No, I did not win. Went higher than I was willing to spent on a dial.