When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Pam252 North Pole Gmt

PureTime

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This watch is very high on my list and everytime I was close to pulling the trigger, another fine piece crossed my way. Still, there is no doubt, I'll get one in the not too distant future.

As for the color of the dial, I would be careful. Firstly, dialcolor was a big issue (if you've read the whole post). Second, if you do some research for gen 252, you will see that the color very much depends on the lighting. I can show you several gen pix (Paneristi etc) where the dial looks more on the black side while others look blue. It might just be the light on Josh's and Andrew's website.

Does anyone own the upgraded version an can share some first-hand pictures?

To see my point:

252compare.jpg

so i heard back from angus a couple days ago about this piece; unfortunately the news is not good.....here's his response to my inquiry:

----------------

This watch project was created by the HBB maker, but the SSD maker dominates the A7750 GMT movement so the HBB maker cannot continue this project.

----------------

so it looks like they can't continue this project because the maker of this watch can't source the movements :wounded1:

maybe it will be resurrected at some point in time....

deltatahoe

Darn!!!!! I really regret reading this Deltatahoe. Maybe we can indeed persuade them to keep the idea alive as it IS a great watch and among all those Panerai this would be a good seller i assume.

Right... let's post here at least once a week to keep the idea alive :blowup:

.... it works in Bagdad...

oeps... tasteless humor.

Anybody know if either of these models are available right now ?

Andrew said he was out of stock .

I really like the 186 (arktos) but the 252 is nice as well.

I'd take either just like they are at this point I think.

Are Andrew and Josh the only ones with these 2 at this quality?

just to clarify the 252 project (enclosed in this thread) has been abandonded at this time (read up above where i provided an update from angus)...

deltatahoe

I know Deltatahoe... but i'm not giving up :p

Maybe i'll reach more than 1,000 posts in this thread... as long as it will sometime be picked up again to finish.

@yellowmen, i was more directing my post to i5475p, who was asking if "either of these models [pam 252 & 186] were available".

i'm all for trying to push for this project to eventually happen :victory: (chalk up another post for me in that cause)

however, if it turns out to be as good as it looks, the pam 229 might just satisfy my blue-dial pam needs for the moment :D

deltatahoe