When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer Fighters Edition, Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750/25 jewels, gen Rotor, gen date wheel, alligator strap

Guest Daytona1984

Guest Daytona1984

Here are some pics of my Breitling Navitimer Fighters Edition with the following features:

- Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750/25 jewels
- gen Rotor
- gen date wheel
- alligator strap

Finally updated the the watch with a AR crystal (see last two pics) :)

This watch was built by my friend and great watchmaker Domi smile.png

I hope you enjoy the pics and I welcome all comments smile.png

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg

AR Crystal

P1020896_zps32f24cd6.jpg

P1020893_zps826339b4.jpg

Wow!!!!! That looks great, no more sucken datewheel?

Hi R long time no see!

I agree with R that a brushed case would look sick!

These never really had the sunken date wheel issue just terrible font. I bought mine @ 6 years ago and it's still

running strong. Would like to source a new date wheel for it.

Nice! Here's mine:

100_2849.JPG

I think brushing the case would make a big difference. I also have a Navi crystal in with Chief for AR at the moment, I've heard that's a good mod to do.

These never really had the sunken date wheel issue just terrible font. I bought mine @ 6 years ago and it's still

running strong. Would like to source a new date wheel for it.

The current production ones use the exact same case as the tricompax model, they all have sunken datewheels.

You can't, with the regular (6-9-12) subdial arrangement. Unlike the tricompax transfer plate, the one used in the regular Fighters (the same one used in a Star GMT) physically doesn't have any room.

Even if you overlay another datewheel over it? I read a post from The Zigmeister somewhere...

You can't, with the regular (6-9-12) subdial arrangement. Unlike the tricompax transfer plate, the one used in the regular Fighters (the same one used in a Star GMT) physically doesn't have any room.

In this one some guys did the mos on A7750 movements with the GMT version:

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/113041-if-you-like-the-88-but-hate-the-sunken-dw/

I´ve been looking at it and it seems that the plate is not attached to anything and if you don´t need the GMT complications? My point is that what would happen if you remove the plate/ wheels for the GMT complication (if this is possible)?

I´ve been looking at it and it seems that the plate is not attached to anything and if you don´t need the GMT complications? My point is that what would happen if you remove the plate/ wheels for the GMT complication (if this is possible)?

Then the dial would sit almost 1.5mm too low, or the stem height would be 1.5mm too high.

That plate is just there as a spacer, so that the 6-9-12 Navi can use the same case as the tricompax Navi.

I suppose you could remove the plate, drill a hole wider than the datewheel (leaving just a ring) and then install another datewheel on top of the existing datewheel. Might be easier to find another case, or to do what polexpete did.

Then the dial would sit almost 1.5mm too low, or the stem height would be 1.5mm too high.

That plate is just there as a spacer, so that the 6-9-12 Navi can use the same case as the tricompax Navi.

I suppose you could remove the plate, drill a hole wider than the datewheel (leaving just a ring) and then install another datewheel on top of the existing datewheel. Might be easier to find another case, or to do what polexpete did.

I was discussing this with Domi and we are going to put an overlaying datewheel ( as i have 2 original old navitimer II DW), he said this shoul not be a problem.

We can experiment with one and have the other case that something goes wrong

the old skool Fighter (w/ low beat movement) doesn't have this plate...i just recently swapped in an eta dw - and will now swap in a skyland dw...and the dw is less sunken, too...

check out my friend, Importr's gen/rep comparison Fighter post and you'll see the difference...

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/120070-navitimer-fighters-rep