When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

The thing is SO much better than I thought it would be. I mean, I understand that $350 is a small fortune in China, but damn. It really is amazing.

Now I have to decide what to get next! It is between PAM 196K and a Rolex.

Vandal - I have my fingers crossed for you.

Edited by WetWork

Congrats wetwork!

Mine's still showing in customs. Hope there's not a problem. Problems seem to plague me lately...

Yep hope it works out, I'm sure it will, you've had a bad run lately with the reps, but this one will be fine and the rest will be fine. Sometimes I find it's almost better to get the bad out of the way first (I know you've had experience with reps before)....most people just give it up as a bad game after a bad early experience which is a pity as you could have 20 perfect reps after that one misshap. It's a great game, but it's still a bit of a lottery, one thing is for sure and you could almost write it in stone...everyone that indulges in this game will have a bad run with reps eventually! I keep away from A7750 chronos now, even if it's a watch I really like and really want. A7750's are the work of satan :D

What other REPs do you have Cougar?

At the moment I've cut things down to a nice size, I've bought and sold quite a few over the years but these I have currently.

42mm PO eta clone (as above)

Omega railmaster 39mm swiss eta (old style)

Sinn U2 eta clone (superb rep)

Rolex explorer I 36mm (eta clone)

Rolex explorer I 39mm (eta clone)

Rolex sub 16610 (eta clone) noob

Tag Aquaracer 500m (eta clone)

IWC Mark xvi (eta clone)

IWC pilot 3717 (A7750)

VC patrimony white dial (eta clone)

A few others that I never wear (quartz moonwatch etc)

All are pretty damn accurate reps imo.

I've quite a few gens such as the Moonwatch, SMP black, Smp blue, PO, AT teak dial quartz, AT rose gold white dial, Longines Olympic, Stowa Airman etc. So I gave up on decent smp's etc after many years of pissing about with those reps.

I'd have to do some work to see what I've bought and passed on, too many to mention. At the moment I have a craving for more simple dials and less busy movments. (that could change again) :)

Looking at above I just realise I still need to tone it down, especially the gens, may sell the PO gen, will hold onto one smp gen, but would never sell the moony, it will have to be prised from my cold dead wrists :D

Edited by cougar1

Nice collection.

I am thinking Submariner, or one of the below for my next one. I am probably going to be stupid, and break my own rule about keeping it simple. I figure, if I don't like it, I can give it as a real cool birthday present to someone.

http://www.1-pc8838....ph-p-11563.html

http://www.1-pc8838....800-p-4653.html

http://www.1-pc8838....750-p-9717.html

I have this exact watch, that I want to sell because I personally don't like it. I wore it on like 5 dives, and that is about when dive computers came out, and it just wasn't necessary.

http://www.ebay.com/...em=270897349920

What do you want for the GEN PO?

PS: Every time I look at my wife now she obliges me by saying, "What time is it?"

Edited by WetWork

I agree with your basic principle there too WetWork... I think "simple" watches have much more presence on your wrist than over cluttered faces. Not personally a fan of any of those you put up, but thats what individual tastes are for.

Im a big fan of the Omega Railmaster, but I don't know if there are good quality reps out there.

I personally think that THIS and THIS are beautiful!

Those are nice watches. I personally like the Sub style, sport watches, and the presence is a must for what I do.

I love the REP PO to death, it's my new lucky charm, but part of that is because of the price point. Wearing a $4,000 watch day to day, where there is a good chance of it getting F'd up, makes that option a lot less desirable.

Yesterday, I would never have considered a GEN P.O., today, I am asking Cougar, "How much?"

PS: Every time I look at my wife now she obliges me by saying, "What time is it?"

Hilarious...

My wife said these words to me 5 mins ago:

"I'm sick of hearing about the stupid watches. I think you've lost your mind."

P.S. I think customs agents are wearing my watches out around town. I can think of no other reason why they've been in customs for 4 days.

Edited by vandal.tbh

P.S. I think customs agents are wearing my watches out around town. I can think of no other reason why they've been in customs for 4 days.

Damn, they still haven't released that thing? It must be driving you crazy. They're wearing them while out selling, "Street-Wise."

Edited by WetWork

Im a big fan of the Omega Railmaster, but I don't know if there are good quality reps out there.

I personally think that THIS and THIS are beautiful!

Love the railmaster, it was a watch i didn't like when I first saw it, but it's definitely a grower, the design is so unique and simple, it's lovely.

Both those replications are very good, i have the 39mm....the 49mm is a little big for my tastes.

Nice collection.

I am thinking Submariner, or one of the below for my next one. I am probably going to be stupid, and break my own rule about keeping it simple. I figure, if I don't like it, I can give it as a real cool birthday present to someone.

http://www.1-pc8838....ph-p-11563.html

http://www.1-pc8838....800-p-4653.html

http://www.1-pc8838....750-p-9717.html

I have this exact watch, that I want to sell because I personally don't like it. I wore it on like 5 dives, and that is about when dive computers came out, and it just wasn't necessary.

http://www.ebay.com/...em=270897349920

What do you want for the GEN PO?

The sub is a great rep, can't go too far wrong even with the cheapies on these.

The 3 models you listed from pc, not really my style, and not too sure about the replication of the hysek or the bulgari, not my cup of tea, if you are looking for similar style you couldn't go too far wrong with Hublot reps, very well replicated. I do know that the ebel of the one you showed were excellent reps in the past, see bytors reviews, if they are at the same quality now then they are a decent choice.

For a watch with big wrist presence and excellent replication then you couldn't go too far wrong with the new tag aquaracer 500m chrono http://www.rwg.cc/to...0m-chronograph/

All in all, we could never have all the reps we want ;)

Also just to add, that citizen anadigi is lovely, really unique looking piece, love the retro look to it.

My gen PO....hmmm I've been humming and hawing over what to do with it for about 6 months. I don't want to sell it unless/until I can get a good franken together, I baulked on doing one about 6 months ago because of time restrictions etc but it's on the table again. The thing that's holding me back is expense, I know I could sell then gen in the morning for £1600, it's a 2006 modell but in perfect condition having had a routine service spa treatment back in 2010 just before I bought it. The rep is really so close out of the box, but having worn the gen I would need the lume/bezel/crown at least on the rep before i'd consider selling. The entire project would have to be under £400ish to be even worthwhile. The Idea of £800ish franken on a watch that can be bought for less than 50% extra doesn't seem worthwhile. I'm gonna work on picking up parts 2nd hand, bezel etc then it might be doable on the cheap.

Hilarious...

They still haven't released it?! You must be going mental... But I feel that tomorrow is definitely your day!

Love the railmaster, it was a watch i didn't like when I first saw it, but it's definitely a grower, the design is so unique and simple, it's lovely.

Both those replications are very good, i have the 39mm....the 49mm is a little big for my tastes.

The sub is a great rep, can't go too far wrong even with the cheapies on these.

The 3 models you listed from pc, not really my style, and not too sure about the replication of the hysek or the bulgari, not my cup of tea, if you are looking for similar style you couldn't go too far wrong with Hublot reps, very well replicated. I do know that the ebel of the one you showed were excellent reps in the past, see bytors reviews, if they are at the same quality now then they are a decent choice.

For a watch with big wrist presence and excellent replication then you couldn't go too far wrong with the new tag aquaracer 500m chrono http://www.rwg.cc/to...0m-chronograph/

All in all, we could never have all the reps we want ;)

Also just to add, that citizen anadigi is lovely, really unique looking piece, love the retro look to it.

My gen PO....hmmm I've been humming and hawing over what to do with it for about 6 months. I don't want to sell it unless/until I can get a good franken together, I baulked on doing one about 6 months ago because of time restrictions etc but it's on the table again. The thing that's holding me back is expense, I know I could sell then gen in the morning for £1600, it's a 2006 modell but in perfect condition having had a routine service spa treatment back in 2010 just before I bought it. The rep is really so close out of the box, but having worn the gen I would need the lume/bezel/crown at least on the rep before i'd consider selling. The entire project would have to be under £400ish to be even worthwhile. The Idea of £800ish franken on a watch that can be bought for less than 50% extra doesn't seem worthwhile. I'm gonna work on picking up parts 2nd hand, bezel etc then it might be doable on the cheap.

Hublot all the way. Much better reps (and gens, imho) than Hyseks. They are not my cup of tea, but they do look stunning. Ebel is a super-rep, not sure about the 1911, but discovery is a "gen". period.

• Like 1

They still haven't released it?! You must be going mental... But I feel that tomorrow is definitely your day!

God I hope so! I'm out of town until Friday. I just want the watches to be there when I get home, but it's not looking good.

I've been trying to buy a nice rep for a month and a half now. I've got $1100 invested right now and nothing to show for it yet. It is killing me!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Hi guys, based on the advice of this thread, I've pulled the pin on a PO from Joshua, the email contact has been fantastic, and actually far beyond what I was expecting. I cheaped out, this being my first foray and all, but I feel confident with the purchase, based on the QC pics and the info you folk have given here. Cheers!

Cougar - I totally agree. The Aquaracer is my next purchase for sure. I think I'm going to get the non-chrono, but man I love the look of that watch. I was very close to buying the gen of this one. I think they retail for like $2850 and I found an AD that I could get it for $2050 with no tax. But I was torn because I really wanted the PO and that was twice the money.

But then I found out about the reps and now here I am.

As soon as I get my first rep, actually on my wrist, I'm going to order the Aquaracer. I think it's just a b@d@$$ looking watch.

After that I'm going to get a nice dress watch. Still looking around but there's a few I really like..

Hi guys, based on the advice of this thread, I've pulled the pin on a PO from Joshua, the email contact has been fantastic, and actually far beyond what I was expecting. I cheaped out, this being my first foray and all, but I feel confident with the purchase, based on the QC pics and the info you folk have given here. Cheers!

Congrats! The PO is one of the most beautiful watches around in my opinion.

Which one did you get?

Cougar: Yea, you're right. Those watches are too much bling. The Sub on the other hand, simple & classic.

THe problem with Rolexes, is that they scream fake. Even a gen Rolex. When you think of a fake watch, what watch immidiately pops? Right, Rolex.

I think you're right about that. In fact, I'm really not a big Rolex fan in general. I just don't like the way most of them look. However, the DSSD really does it for me. I like it so much that I don't care if everyone assumes it's fake. If anyone asks, I'll tell them it's fake, but I still love the way it looks. That's why I bought one.

Now if I could only get F-ing customs to let the GD post office F-ing deliver the F-ing thing !!!

Edited by vandal.tbh

Congrats! The PO is one of the most beautiful watches around in my opinion.

Definitely, it's an understated looking watch, not a huge fan of big flashy dials with a million things going on, but I can definitely see how some people might need the extra features.

Which one did you get?

It was the cheapo one with the Asian 21J movement, but like I said, first foray into this kind of thing, so probably not the worst starting point.

The thing about Rolex is, you can't win either way, if it's gen, it's seen as a fake, if it's rep it's seen as a fake, so if you like the watch then that's all that matters! :D

hawaiian robot: the asian 21j is just as nice, the movement comes in for a bit of criticism but it's not too bad, they are a straight forward swap out with another should anything go wrong with the movement, (even saying that makes it sound like expect the worst :D) they really are not that bad at all. Plenty of people are happy with their a21j PO's.

vandal: no watch yet, nothing worse than waiting, I'm sure you'll be sorted soon, the apparently don't bother seizing these in the US, the dealers are so confident they offer to replace all free of charge in the unlikely event that it did happen. They're just being slow. Now if it was in German customs that would be another story. :) Also agree on the aquaracers, both chrono and non chrono are really good (I didn't realise until recently that the chrono was so good aswell) I originally had a gen quartz blue 500m.....really gorgeous, then I got the rep black and sat down one day and examined both watch heads side by side, they really are amazing you'd need a loupe to see the minute differences, some people complain that the logo isn't cut as accurate as gen....yes that's a valid argument...when examining the logos under a 10x loupe :)

• Like 1