When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

I would like to point out that rules are rules and should be followed not just to the letter and precise wording of a rule but also in the spirit of the rule.

Pho than you for pointing out Rule 25 but please try to refrain from personal attacks and name calling.

Wetwork you have PM

Tbh, at this stage, I would've liked this thread to continue in the hope that first time buyers might come back and maybe input their buying experience and maybe a few photos of their new acquisition, as Adeodatus said ....a sort of log of the experience of the whole process, but I'm afraid it's gone too far now, and I personally think the thread should probably be locked at this stage. That's up to the mods of course.

Wetwork, I thank you for thanking me again, but I didn't do anything special (you had a lot of questions :) ) and if the early banter was a help to others too, then great. This forum has many people much more experienced than me so you would've got answers anyway, even if it was slow going earlier. The thread has gone far too off topic now to be a help to anyone! Pity!

Edited by cougar1

I would like to point out that rules are rules and should be followed not just to the letter and precise wording of a rule but also in the spirit of the rule.

Pho than you for pointing out Rule 25 but please try to refrain from personal attacks and name calling.

Wetwork you have PM

Yeah, I'm sorry, a few pages back, he took several shots at me and the forum rules which really upset me. Then he continued with his responses. So, I was a little hot. Don't like it when people attack us.

Sorry :)

Yea Pho, stop molesting everyone with your legalese all day.

FOR THE RECORD, I AM NOT TAKING THE WATCH ANYWHERE. I AM JUST GOING TO TAKE IT OFF AND PUT MY HEAD ON MY DESK UNTIL I DECIDE TO BE GOOD.

Dude, you are making the case to be banned, you have been warned by mods and you still act like this. Again, I think your a child. I have thought several times about taking your posts and putting them in their own thread so you will get the real community reaction, this is a long thread and no one is reading it now. If you keep pushing, I will do it. And yes it would contain my comments as written.

Just to add separately, I honestly had absolutely no idea for years that there was a rule 25 :D............I just thought it was basic common sense and more or less 'rep etiquette' that would be fairly obvious .....

Cougar, the average threads though... they're boring. This one has all the right ingredients to actually keep you reading!

I wouldn't say boring, this one has all the ingredients of waiting for a train crash about to happen... I will say that!

If it hasn't already crashed...which I think it has, we are just waiting for the next express to plow into the current wreckage.

Edited by cougar1

Tbh, at this stage, I would've liked this thread to continue in the hope that first time buyers might come back and maybe input their buying experience and maybe a few photos of their new acquisition, as Adeodatus said ....a sort of log of the experience of the whole process, but I'm afraid it's gone too far now, and I personally think the thread should probably be locked at this stage. That's up to the mods of course.

Wetwork, I thank you for thanking me again, but I didn't do anything special (you had a lot of questions ) and if the early banter was a help to others too, then great. This forum has many people much more experienced than me so you would've got answers anyway, even if it was slow going earlier. The thread has gone far too off topic now to be a help to anyone! Pity!

Cougar, this thing jumped the shark awhile ago but is probably is a good thread for newbs, the best thing to do to preserve the work is 2 fold. 1 either conglomerate the discussion and repost in a new thread. Thereby cutting out the useless stuff and rebrand it according to it's focus as a new buyer experience conversation and thread. Or find a place to chop it off and have the mods do that.

Is extremely long and even before the wetwork meltdown it would be pretty overwhelming for a newb to sift through and would be hard to find except for folks looking for a planet ocean.

I have an honest question ON TOPIC.

I've purchased the black PO 42, but now I see it has red numerals instead of white. Would someone kindly explain me what's the difference between the two? Cosmetics?

No difference Ade, both are the same except for the number colour, some people say the rep red numbers are not as 'bright and vibrant' as gen, and this is true...still a great rep though. You can get an idea of rep vs gen dial with red numbers from Rymeisters great thread somewhere below this :)

Fair play to you for trying to keep this on topic but I think the thread has derailed and is threatening the adjacent nuclear power station at this stage. :D

even before the wetwork meltdown...

God this guy is so self-richeous.

Can ANYONE quote me even ONE thing that Pho has commented on that is on topic IN THIS THREAD? Even one.

ONE thing, that Pho has said constructively? Because about 50 PM's have come to me, THANKING me for slaping Pho down and exposing his jiberish and rantings on EVERY thread at ALL HOURS of the day as near non-sense.

Pho, run aloing... go do the lawyer things you don't have to do, since you're not actually a lawyer. Whatever you do, seriously, get some help man. All kidding aside, you need help.

Edited by WetWork

Cougar, this thing jumped the shark awhile ago but is probably is a good thread for newbs, the best thing to do to preserve the work is 2 fold. 1 either conglomerate the discussion and repost in a new thread. Thereby cutting out the useless stuff and rebrand it according to it's focus as a new buyer experience conversation and thread. Or find a place to chop it off and have the mods do that.

Is extremely long and even before the wetwork meltdown it would be pretty overwhelming for a newb to sift through and would be hard to find except for folks looking for a planet ocean.

I agree, it would be quite a bit of work to concise it down into a readable thread at this stage but if someone is upto the task then great. Chopping it off might be better, I haven't read back through the whole disaster area yet, even that would take a bit of time.

Any newbs reading would stay away from reps, probably thinking we have all lost the plot....thinking there must be something in the cheap chinese metal that's poisoning us :D

I disagree. The average thread has 100 or less views, is just "What should I buy"

Reply: "Use the search feature noob."

Broken English, broken English, broken English.

Thread dies.

You start to read this, you get bored, then there is the wailing of a ninja flute off in the distance as pump up music. You get re-energized to read more. You accidentally get some actual information as the flute gets louder in the background.

Keeps you on your toes.

Before you know it, you know something about REPS & the buying process; then you can't fight it anymore. You want the WetWork signture edition P.O. from PC with the alarm that says, "Take no prisoners... WAKE UP!"

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about... I play a lawyer on internet forums.

Take a look at this once: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fsot-ebel-1911-btr-gmt-ss-ss-complete-640676.html

Edited by WetWork

Fair play to you for trying to keep this on topic but I think the thread has derailed and is threatening the adjacent nuclear power station at this stage. :D

I'm trying, man...

So basically besides the red numerals this is the same watch as white? Is this colors issue noticeable? maybe I should chage to white numerals, although I must say the red ones add something a bit funky to the watch

By the way, I love this thread, I hope the mods won't shut it down. Too much good information here for it to be closed and sent into the abyss, plus I have a secret desire to make it longest thread in the Omega forum

Edited by Adeodatus

You start to read this, you get bored, then there is the wailing of a ninja flute off in the distance as pump up music. You get re-energized to read more. You accidentally get some actual information as the flute gets louder in the background.

Keeps you on your toes.

I actually agree with WetWork here

Take a look at this once: http://forums.watchu...ete-640676.html

What about it Wet?

Edited by Adeodatus

I disagree. The average thread has 100 or less views, is just "What should I buy"

Reply: "Use the search feature noob."

Broken English, broken English, broken English.

Thread dies.

You already got a PM from a staff member but don't stay quiet.

Obviously you seem to dislike this place. Fine with us, nobody is perfect.

The question of letting you spread bad vibes in our (OUR) home is not even a debate among the team.

We will not tolerate it.

You don't like this place, leave.

You want to stay, respect us and the members.

Cheers

Stephane

So basically besides the red numerals this is the same watch as white? Is this colors issue noticeable? maybe I should chage to white numerals, although I must say the red ones add something a bit funky to the watch

I'm thinking about getting a PO myself, how could I not after reading all the countless threads here... I really like the one with the red 6/9/12, although I might go for the one with white numerals and then get the gen dial with red numerals when I inevitably would want to start to franken my PO. Without knowing for sure, I'm guessing no-one will see the faint difference in hue unless you compare it next to a gen - I doubt it would be a problem. However, YOU would know and that's a different story ;)

Yes same watch, the red colors issue is not noticeable, very subtle, not sure I should've even brought it up :) I would say the lume is much more noticeable comparitively. I was looking for a red numbered rep vs red numbered gen dial comparison pic to clarify...but can't find one, I'm sure theres one here or on the other forums somewhere, so many frankens made at this stage across the forums it was bound to be photographed. The one I meantioned earlier on Rymeisters thread is white vs red so not the same thing .....sorry.

Don't have any fears about ordering the red version, it's a perfectly fine rep...the white is just more popular thats all.

Edited by cougar1
  • Like 1

The red numerals are cool looking, with the added bonus of, if you get the orange dial and interchange it with the black dial you got... I think it looks a little better. So, what I trying to say is, you get a little bit more flexibility with them.

You already got a PM from a staff member but don't stay quiet.

Obviously you seem to dislike this place. Fine with us, nobody is perfect.

The question of letting you spread bad vibes in our (OUR) home is not even a debate among the team.

How do you get the impression that I dislike this place? Because I have over 100 posts in 2 weeks?

For the record, I wasn't told to stay quiet in the PM.

Since I am the bigger man,

I will just end this little feud, so we can move on.

Pho, I'm sorry that I reacted negatively to the condescending way you talk to people. THANK YOU for pointing out the rules, and how they can be interpreted. I hope one day to claw my way out the imposing shadow you cast on new members, to the light of knowledge. I apologize for any contributions to this thread that caused anyone to think negatively about Pho, a very astute and accomplished lawyer.

Now you have a formal apology, so no one needs to be upset anymore.

Edited by WetWork

Wetwork, you may think this back and forth jibing is fantastic reading but it's not, sure it may get a little attention because it's a current thread, but when it's fallen down the page as it inevitably will and someday a newb is searching for information on a PO, then they will read and get bored immediately by non stop bickering and going off topic.

It happens all the time, I see it myself on other forums when I might have hit good info I need on a thread, you find yourself reading avidly then bickering starts over nothing, and you find yourself scrolling to jump over it and eventually the thread falls off a cliff as no one will contribute anymore and you're left with a sense of 'well that wasn't worth the effort'.

I'm not taking any sides, I have my own side on this, but I can tell you now wetwork that if this was any of the other rep fora you would be banned by now. The reps here are very patient and allow open discussion without over moderation and that is a good thing. It's upto the forumites to keep things ticking along as they should in order for forums to be useful and enjoyable to everyone.

Edit: Right, I wrote the above before I saw your post above Wetwork, If we can keep it on topic from now on then all is good, I fear we went over the tipping point long ago however!

Edited by cougar1