When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ladies Datejust - opinions wanted..

letter

Really? What are the tells?

As kbh said, there is literally nothing close to correct on it. Even the shape of the hands and bracelet links look 'not quite right'... If it was a custom aftermarket dial (which do sadly exist) it would've cost ten/twenty times more than the price quoted...

Even the bracelet looks all wrong. The links are too long and too flat, unless it's just terribly stretched and the picture makes it look off.

rolex-datejust-12250.jpg

On every DJ I've seen the "Datejust" is on the top of the dial right below the Rolex. And the "Superlative chronometer", etc. on the bottom.

Could be real with aftermarket bling added, who knows. I still thinks that's a very ugly dial personally. Looking through Google images I did see a couple of similar looking dials but they were all on reps.

Rolex-Datejust-Super-President-Pave-Diamond-Ladies-C0107-b.jpg

And the magnigication of the cyclops is off, and the case lugs are sans diamonds, where the pic kbh loaded shows diamond inset into the lugs. I stand by my previous comment that nothing on the watch looks right. The source is irrelevant, they could easily have taken in a rep in error. The price also, as mentioned, does not seem right. I recently saw the identical gen of my DJ for sale pre-owned in a jewellers, and that was priced at over £2000 :pardon:

The bracelet REALLY doesn't look right on this one.. I guess it could just be the light?

Nope, not the light. Look closely at the bottom left. The end link isn't fit right, it's actually jutting out and over the lug. Also, you can see the end of the spring bar pin peeking out from the lug and from both of the top lugs. I know the bands and end links on the lady's DJ's are kind of wacky, but this really looks aftermarket/rep to me.

I agree with KBH. You have to crack the back