When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Differences between old and new MBW 1665s

watchguy51

There are other details that vary as well, which is why I have always thought that some of these cases were not what we think of as MBWs, even though they may have been described as such. I got my Watchmaster MBW 1665 in mid-06 & it came with a non-functional, etched valve. I think Nanuq has 1 that he got 2-3 years earlier that has a working valve. So the cut-off for working valves is probably 04-05?

I think the hardest thing will be the spring to be the right tension and of course the machining. I'm confident you can do it J. E

There's no way you are ever going to do actual helium mixture deep diving in the MBK so what does the exact tension matter? It's all for show.

There's no way you are ever going to do actual helium mixture deep diving in the MBK so what does the exact tension matter? It's all for show.

exactly why i say forget it, swim with confidence knowing that non functional valve will never leak. i doubt youll ever get called out on the valve, more likely the date wheel first.

Completely agreed, however, as with most hobbies, being able to recreate/duplicate the working part is 2/3s the fun. The Trevor 5514 cases I received all had a "working" hev. The parts look exactly like the yuki parts as well. I personally will never perform mix diving, but also know that I like to play rough and deep in the water. The point is, having fun, sourcing parts while trying to remain deep in budget. That is what is all about for me. When I raced old air cooled VWs I knew I didn't have a Porsche 911, but it sure was fun to beat a few at the track, or street.