When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang After Fire

Guest Sql_pl

Long story short - yesterday at night office building of my company was on fire. Horrible night. 8 fire brigades, ambulances, cops, no sleep. Luckily nobody was hurt or injured as it happened at night and fire did not manage to spread to all the warehouse area bulidings - only the offices got hurt.

Some pics I took while standing and watching fire fighters doing their job:

42257104.jpg

95357670.jpg

First fire in my life, it really is unbelievable how fast a building can burn and get completely flooded in flames getting everything destroyed! Unbelievable.

Whole roof and the upper floor got totally burned down.

Here you can see some quick pics of what was left of the first floor from this morning:

38956645.jpg

79857971.jpg

While going through the wet mud of ashes in search of anything that could have possibly survived with tons of things that seem to have simply evaporated this is what I managed to find:

My V1 (supposedly gen bezeled) RG HBB!

89193098.jpg

43160326.jpg

19868576.jpg

Here it is after a quick clean:

69711182.jpg

I am really surprised how well it managed to stand the fire and falling all the way down from the upper floor, where it was left!

It was sitting literally just behind the middle windows area at my desk drawer where the biggest flames have been:

95357670.jpg

The strap melted, clasp is gone, all rubber inserts and gaskets are gone but the case, the gold coating and ceramic bezel look almost perfect!!

Some tough watches we seem to be getting from our CN based friends - that I can tell you for sure.

No need to worry about the gold plating anymore I guess :)

• 3 weeks later...