When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA Swiss 16610 Case?

irolexu

So I have visited this link. http://www.etaswiss....p?image_id=5592 and am wondering if anyone knows whats the scoop on this case?? For instance, is it better then a WM9 case?, TW best case?, is everything about it perfect 1:1 ratio if so how come this is not a huge deal on the site!? I would love to see some one take a 3135SA clone movement from puretime and really go all out franken on this case! Also would anyone think its worth swapping my BK TW case?

about $400 bones...it'll take a 2824...I think it is better than a WM9 (of which I had owned two, the LV and 16613, both V3) others will disagree. At this price point, there would be no reason to swap out your TW case, but if you wanted an alternative and wanted to buy a sub...the 1:1 case would make a great base for a franken project with a SA3135

There have been at least two threads about this case in the past, one of them quite recently (a few months).

I built a 16610 out of one for a member, and it did take a 2824 although the build was a real pain in the ass. From what I understand, the stem height of a SA3135 is not the same as a gen 3135, and so it may or may not fit this case.

There have been at least two threads about this case in the past, one of them quite recently (a few months).

I built a 16610 out of one for a member, and it did take a 2824 although the build was a real pain in the ass. From what I understand, the stem height of a SA3135 is not the same as a gen 3135, and so it may or may not fit this case.

Thanks for chiming in sneed, what movement is the case designed for, the gen 3135?

I will write a review soon hopefully. Here are my parts.

Sean Case

2824H4

Gen crown & tube

Gen 295 Crystal

Gen insert

New bk dial & hands

Currently the dial is in shaping process.

As my canadian friend Chi mentioned already that Others might have a different opinion on that case, i am one of them :) to me its not a 1:1 case because the specs are close but not accurate. But i would say that it is better than wm9 cases, doesn't matter what version.

To me the major flaws are that the bezel outter diameter is a tiny bit smaller and that the lugbars are polished a bit too much over the edge to the area where the Satin finish begins. It is more correct as wm9 as the Gen 16610t case has this as well but not so extended as the sean case. I do not believe that sa3135 will fit without further mods. The dial that comes with the case i am not using as to me it is not as good as a wm9 dial.

For checking the SEL fit i mounted testwise the bracelet of my Gen 16610. Nearly perfect fit. More when the watch is ready.

The simplicity of the sub, yet so difficult to rep for the manufacturers. How hard can it be? ;)

I think seans case is too expensive.

To much work and $ to make it perfect.

IMO the biggest challenge building the perfect sub is the ss bezel and bracelet/SEL. Gen is the only alternative at the moment.

The rest can be fixed quite easily on both the wm9 and etaswiss.

The simplicity of the sub, yet so difficult to rep for the manufacturers. How hard can it be?

Res loquitor. If it was easy, it would have been done.

Once you start building Subs, it starts to be come very clear what the difficulties are. It all starts with the fact that the stem height for the commonly used rep movements is off compared to the 3035/3135.