When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 correct datewheel?

irolexu

I have a 1680 I bought recently from a member here and someone told me its supposed to have a silver date-wheel. Right now it has a white sort of sparkly datewheel that really hangs to the left. What is the correct datewheel and who would be able to re-do the datewheel over-lay? Also if indeed it has to have a silver datewheel where can I source one? Rep or gen?

My current watchmaker whom ive been seeing for years says first off that there from china???!!! and on top of that states that for him to repair them real or not would cost as much as a new one??? ill probably just take both movements else where and see if a watchsmith can combine the two and make it work...I want my 1680 to work already! and need to order a nato...

My current watchmaker whom ive been seeing for years says first off that there from china???!!! ill probably just take both movements else where and see if a watchsmith can combine the two and make it work..

This is the first I've heard of a chinese 2846-2 although it wouldn't surprise me. Both of mine which my watchmaker worked on are swiss.

Here's the pic of the 1570 movement with the silver DW that automatico talked about

KGrHqMOKpIE5W19tj-BObn0MiGLg60_121.jpg

This is what all 1680's came with originally. But bear in mind, for an eta movt, the numbers progress in the opposite direction.

Sure would be nice if jmb would do a run of 50 or so of the silver DW water slide decals on a thin piece of metal! Beat they'd sell like hotcakes.