When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam127

timj

Most people who are interested in purchasing a Fiddy are waiting for an improved version from one of the better PAM factories. I would say there is general sentiment (and we are hearing it from the dealers) that it will come. The real question is when and what will be better or worse from past versions. If you do need to buy one now than take a look at DSN's version as has been suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like it that is all that matters my friend but that might be among the worst 127 reps I have seen

The movement is horrible. Might be the worst plates I have seen and we have seen a few. Not only that the edges of the plates look like an axe blade

The crystal has terrible distortion and terrible Purple AR

Crown guard and crown do not look too bad, could use a refinishing and lever pin polish and flattening

If you like it that is all that matters my friend but that might be among the worst 127 reps I have seen

The movement is horrible. Might be the worst plates I have seen and we have seen a few. Not only that the edges of the plates look like an axe blade

The crystal has terrible distortion and terrible Purple AR

Crown guard and crown do not look too bad, could use a refinishing and lever pin polish and flattening

Hmm, don't see any purple and disortion in those pictures. Agree on the movement though.

2011-11-27_15-01-44_122.jpg

2011-11-27_14-58-56_263.jpg

2011-11-13_09-32-43_397-1.jpg

See how my genuine movement is different. Even the better rep movements are alot closer than yours

And notice how my crystal does not shrink the numbers?

There are some other things as well

I can refinish your Crown Guard for you if you want but other than that you either enjoy it as is or sell it and wait for the new Ultimate that will come out late next year after the 217 is released

Ok:-((( that's not good news:-(((

What do you suggest that I do with this?

Please be aware that altho Tanya is well-meaning, this member is one of the pickiest Panerai lovers of all, sporting a mostly Gen franken 1950 ... so don't be too sad. The people on the forums range in emotion from "oh that is good enough" to "nothing is ever good enough" ... and everything in between.

There are mods to be performed on your watch. There are mods to be performed on any replica watch. It all depends upon your own feelings and what you will accept as "good enough".

I will say tho that 300USD is a little stiff for an asian 1950 without a decent strap.

Don't be discouraged; I bought a lemon my first time ... many people do.