When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where is Eddie?

mcooper

He was a ripoff artist anyway. Plenty of new players around now

Not a rippoff at al.

My first order with eddie was a 1600 usd watch back in 2006 on TRC, i recieved watch before he got payment at all.

A true gentlemen, maybe he was in wrong time in space. Who knows...

All i know is he was no big time dealer, he was true collector doing favors to others...

Dude, he is the guy that charged 600 bucks for the fiddy with acrylic, when the next week the price dropped to like 3-400

I personally bought a 177 for 400$ it had just come out. Again, flaws were outragous again next week in the 200's

He delivered what he promised. I don't contest that at all - we would have kicked his ass out the door. But he was no friend. He had no quams about making an extra buck knowing customers would be [censored] in the following weeks.

There were no sites except Paul. That was a time when in reality it was very difficult to say anything negative about dealers. You had to be careful not to annoy them with to many price inquiries.

Game changer 1 super reps

Game changer 2 the cartel

Game changer 3 perfect clones supermarket pricing.

Notice that with publicly available pricing he retired (a few different times if I remember) I'm not saying the dude was a liar or a bad person. But he definitely had no problem scratching every last dime out of the uninformed. I think it's wrong to take advantage of newbs. The dealer I used next would go out of his way to explain some of the issues with watches to make sure I was informed of what I was buying - the Pam 47 project.

I don't want to argue. I didn't come for that. I probably should have skipped the editorial. But, Yes, I'm still [censored] about that watch. :)

Well crap, that's downright depressing for sure. He was a straight shooter, and a good guy to deal with. Anyone recommend someone as discreet, trustworthy, and reliable as him?

There are lots of good folks out there. If it were me? I'd just stick with perfect clones- Joshua or trusty, website is easy, payment is easy, and as far as I have seen or heard, stand behind the watches. Disclaimer, I have been very absent for a good part of this year.

In Eddie's day the closest thing to cartel dealers were Connie and Paul. There were no large scale factories in China and Joshua and Andrew were operating out of photo buckets. I worked with Eddie on one project and he definitely revolutionized the sport. When it was no longer a sport he moved on. :)

You dont understand, he was no cartel / wholesale as we know today. He was pioneer. With own money.

I came into the community in march 05, I remember what it was like. he may have commissioned some pieces. But, it's not like he made them himself. We used to put dealers on pedestals like they designed the thing. Other than davidsen -

Look, like I said, I had a bad experience. And I do recall when things opened up on the board a bit, there were others who came out of the woodwork and there was a frank discussion about members keeping bad transactions to themselves.

Capitalist? Yes. Liked watches? Sure. Generally known to have higher prices for customer service- yes. Like pictures of hot chicks? Yes. Drove a motorcycle? Yes. Saint? No :)

And remember back in that time some forum folks got better pricing than others (newbs). I'm not against that in principle but not $200

I think it was during this catharsis that there was another fellow who did work on watches that accumulated unhappy board members who kept stories to themselves, and It resulted in his suspension I think.

Personally? I think the world is a better place now. There was some fun and adventure and sense of accomplishment that went along with chasing down the watch you wanted. I don't think there is the same satisfaction these days. One of the reasons I haven't been active. Not as much to discuss. But, I still check Josh"s site everyday, for uh, 4 or 5 years now? Just to see what's up. I've not been able to purchase in some time due to the unchosen career curve I have been delt.

In Eddie's day the closest thing to cartel dealers were Connie and Paul. There were no large scale factories in China and Joshua and Andrew were operating out of photo buckets. I worked with Eddie on one project and he definitely revolutionized the sport. When it was no longer a sport he moved on. :)

HA how funny 2 sides of a coin.

No doubt you are one of the top 5-10 board members of all time. So, I will conclude with this. Ok, he was a leader in bringing stuff to the community. He also had some questionable business habits, in my opinion. (which is worth exactly what you(the reader) paid for it)

I will no longer refer to him as a scam artist. I will say took issue with some of his business habits. - I reserve the to continue to be unhappy with a certain untrained watch mod-or something guy. I just read a post on another board who was selling his watch and listed the upgrades ect ect, which I knew personally were some BS. I'm referring to the dude owning the watch being duped by a modder - and no relation to the dude I was unhappy with.

I don't like the uninformed to be up charged or pay an arm and a leg for a gasket oiling or "waterproofing" or bs AR coating, synthetic sapphire, price fixing, drop shipping (when told items were not) eta when no eta. And I guess all of the fun adventures. But that's why were here right? A purchasers union, to hold dealer feet to the fire. Even though, I wish I had a business of Constantly growing client base, funneled to me by a large user community for practically nothing. Must be nice. :)

I know we used to hold our head up screwing scammers on eBay. But we had some right in our home. Without trying to sound overdramatic, probably 90% of everything was fine in the old days. I'm just glad things are much more out in the open now. And I'm glad I don't have to handle transactions for family and friends.

Thanks for the input, guys. Honestly, I'm not sure who to trust these days as dealer, because all the players seem to have changed. I've heard of paul, but never did any biz with abay because he had periodic issues with paypal. I don't know anything about Joshua or trusty, though. What are their sites, and how do i deal with them?

Phoband you are a [censored] fool. Eddie Lee was the best and most honest dealer this or any other watch forum has ever known. You have shown your ignorance in the worst way possible as far as I am concerned. You have been around since 2005? So [censored] what. New guy as far as far as I'm concerned. Eddie was and is the best of the best. Introduced the FIRST of the best of the best. Ever heard of Panerai? He was the First dealer to introduce them to the rep world. How about IWC 3717....HE personally pioneered that watch to the rep world. Hey...how about [censored] YOU PHOBAND. NEWBIE, no nothing, LOSER.

Thanks for the input, guys. Honestly, I'm not sure who to trust these days as dealer, because all the players seem to have changed. I've heard of paul, but never did any biz with abay because he had periodic issues with paypal. I don't know anything about Joshua or trusty, though. What are their sites, and how do i deal with them?

All the dealers on RWG's trusted dealers list can be trusted..If they couldnt they would not be there. I have used many of them...no complaints so far.

Take a look through here http://www.rwg.cc/fo...ng-accessories/ all the information you need is right here. If you have any questions..just ask.

When you decide on the rep(s) you want...try to read as many reviews of that rep as you can.

Most of the members here feel that Josh at perfect clones and Andrew at Trustytime are the two top dealers..I wouldnt argue with that. But read the reviews and get acclimated with the dealers and the ording process. The more time you spend researching...the more comfortable you will be with your purchase and choice of dealer. Remember.. buy the dealer..then buy the watch.

Good luck. :)

Mike