When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is the he valve position on a 42mm po sorted yet?

danza1812

I'm considering another 42mm po project. I could just do with knowing if the dealers have sorted out the he valve positioning. God knows why they moved it down the case when it was ok to start with.

I've never bought from Josh or Andrew, at what point do I request qc pics.

If so, any ideas where to get one from. I plan on using it as a base for a gen dial and hands swap out.

Many thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Got mine from Josh and it's a great rep with the correct placement he valve, he originally had a problem finding one with it and offered one with he in lower position but when asked he found some new stock for mine, he will send qc pics etc when payment sent for the watch, mine took 2-3 days but be patient they are good guys :) the 42 is a great piece by the way!

gen dial and hands fit my 45mm planet ocean franken with asain eta 2824-2 with very little probs...i did have to make the center holes ever so slightly bigger tho, im talking a fraction of a mm, to make them fit and sit right.

Cheers, Ill look at buying one. I wonder why the he valve is so big on the 5th gen?

Has anyone bought one from replicamake, the price seems slightly better?

Regards

Matt

ReplicaMake has been kicked off every single board this past fall. Alot of customer service issues. You're better off with Tony @ Asian 7750.

There's still a few floating about with low He, looks to me like many dealers trying to offload a fcukup in the manufacturing to unsuspecting newbies etc....eventually it will iron out but be careful. You'll be fine with trevor, at least if you see a dodgy he in the qc pics he'll sort you out with a good one without fuss.

Also I hate all this talk across the fora of a V5.5....there never was a V5.5, there was a V5 and then there was qc fcukups in the manufacturing. I don't know where the term was coined but it doesn't help the confusion.

• 1 month later...

Ok, here's my Franken po.

This time, went for a gen dial, hands, dw, crown/tube, he valve and rubber strap.

4ae09bdf.jpg

Considering bezel and crystal at some point but for the cost I think I'll grab a bk sub as an extra piece.

He valve placement was perfect by the way. My modder did a great job of working the case to fit the gen valve.