When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordered my first PAM 111M today

Jmabshir

You guys got me hooked... Went yesterday to a authorized Panarai dealer to make sure this guy would look good on my skinny wrists, it did IMO, honestly can't imagine spending $6k on a watch, anyhow got home and ordered a noob 111M and an extra band from Trusty! I must admit I'm a bit gun shy on ordering something like this online, but from all the reviews Andrew sounds like a good guy. Hope it comes fast... Can't wait ... Thanks for the great forum

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first rep watch fron Trusty today, looked great!!!

Only problem is when I was switching out the strap one of the pins broke with some of the threads remaining in the case!!!! The other pin came out with little to no force and went in smoothly, the lower lug however was significantly harder..

Not even 24 hours and the watch is in not wearable, anyone have any advice on how to fix this as well as where I can get a new pin? First I think the threads have to be extracted and probably chased thinking that it was crossed threaded from the factory

This is starting to be a bit depressing :(

Thanks for you help. Jason

Crossed threads on Panerai is very common. Any good watch tech can fix this and chase your threads. This is not a major issue. Don't worry; be happy.

Whatever you do, do not send it back to China for a repair for such a tiny problem. While it is great for Dealers to offer this service, some issues are too small to bother with this drastic measure.

Tell your dealer what happened and ask for a couple new screws. He will probably ask for a photo of the problem so send it with your initial email. He should drop the screws into the mail at his expense.

Then when you get the screws, send your watch head off to the closest trusted watch tech and he'll fix you right up.

Where are you located in the World?

I was thinking this as well, Andrew from Trusty was extremely prompt in a response which he ask for it back, but like you said seems pretty basic to send around the world again.

Is it going to be an issue that some of the threads are still broken off in the lug? Not sure how one would extract something this small but I'm sure theres a way.

im in Virginia BTW

Jason

Well, went around yesterday to some watch repair shops locally, no one wants to touch it and if they did they claim there is no way to restore the threads; have to drill it out and it’ll be 6 weeks min to get it back. So looks like I have no choice to send it back.... Was hoping that it would be an easy fix and I would be able to wear it soon. Got about 8 hours on this before I decided to swap the band, and the $hit began….

I don’t know if I have bad luck or what, turning out to be a pretty crappy experience for my first rep, guess it’s just me :( I must have [censored] off the replica gods or something lol. Everyone on here seemed to have flawless experiences. I must admit however that Andrew is very good with the communication and I have confidence that he’ll make it right, so if anything I’m fortunately that I’m not totally screwed, just have to be patient….. I’m not very patient

Oh well.. let you all know what happens

I had same issue with my first rep 253 a week ago. I needed to send it back...

BTW where I can find those spring strap pins??

I may need those... I like to swap the strap all the time. I do not want to see same thing happen again.

MT

Well at least I know i'm not the only one :)

On the Custom spring bars i found some here in the US

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-MADE-SPRING-BARS-FIT-24MM-STRAP-PANERAI-44-/310304838640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f9c13f0

Good luck with your return.....

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this is going to be a true test of my patience... As a noob to the rep world and a moderately stupid American I didn't realize the Chinese new year (1/23-2/3) would affect the return :( I sent it on the 11th of this month and still haven't got a confirmation that he's got it yet. Probably in a postal holding zone somewhere since everything is closed for the holiday.... Hopefully just want to make sure it gets there.. Long way from Virginia!

From everything I hear this all part of the replica world, patience... Whether its ordering or returning and repairing its not in anyway like shopping at Costco... To bad but thats the way it is; whole different game! Once ya realize that I think it'll become a much more enjoyable hobby.. er a obsession... Just sucks since this is my first deal... So I wait patiently :)

Looks like this is going to be a true test of my patience... As a noob to the rep world and a moderately stupid American I didn't realize the Chinese new year (1/23-2/3) would affect the return :( I sent it on the 11th of this month and still haven't got a confirmation that he's got it yet. Probably in a postal holding zone somewhere since everything is closed for the holiday.... Hopefully just want to make sure it gets there.. Long way from Virginia!

From everything I hear this all part of the replica world, patience... Whether its ordering or returning and repairing its not in anyway like shopping at Costco... To bad but thats the way it is; whole different game! Once ya realize that I think it'll become a much more enjoyable hobby.. er a obsession... Just sucks since this is my first deal... So I wait patiently :)

You seem to have a very good attitude toward this hobby jmabshir....this good attituide will serve you will here.

My first few purchases went smooth as butter....then I got a watch that was "DOA"...a. Pam111. I sent it back...but It took about five weeks to get my new watch from China. The wait was a pita I have to admit.

But after over 25 rep purchases....I have had only two serious problems. The dealer took care of those issues without much fanfare.

It's true...patence Is the name of the game. Hang In there...It will get better. ;)

BTW...those spring bars are a very good alternative to the traditional lug screws.

Good luck. :)

Mike

Jmabshir,

Like you i did my first purchase of a rep in Nov last year. Nearvously went through the process of proofing the QC pics and awaiting delivery. As a noob its painfull waiting for that first watch to arrive, not knowing if you have been ripped of or not.

I have to say that from doing a bit of reading and reseach on this site, it did settle my mind some what.

My watch arrived from Perfect Clones and i was happy with it....very happy. So much so that i have ordered and await delivery of a Pam 237 (h1) which Joshua the dealer has sent me QC pics to approve.

Like you say....its a waiting game........i so hope my new PAM arrives soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to put things in perspective. Buyers of Genuine Panerais, especially the Gmt 3xx series had the movements die within weeks... then they had to wait 5-6 months to get their watches back. And in many cases see them die again. That's a $12K watch. Many Gen buyers had their base models being 40-50 seconds off a day, waited 2-3 months to get them back just to see they are going over a minute fast every day. How much does that suck?

So the service we get with reps and exchanges is really quite good.

And for the noobs on the forum, don't worry, trusted dealers will not scam you, they run a business with a goal to make us come back and buy more watches.

Edited by lfovco
  • Like 1

Just to put things in perspective. ..they had to wait 5-6 months to get their watches back. And in many cases see them die again. That's a $12K watch.....

Wow... if I spent that kind of money and had that kind of lead time, I'd be really irritated!

I guess if you can afford it you’d probably have some other high end piece to compensate for the down time….

We live in a society today that demands instant gratification unfortunately, sometimes things like this resets ya and reminds ya of what is really worth worrying about in life…

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!! Repair was completed, Andrew ended up repairing the item by replacing the case. Apparently not much one can do with the threads broken off in there. I wonder if they have an easy-out type of tool that small..

Anyhow 42 days after this little adventure began my watch is on its way back! I’m thinking it’ll take 7 or 8 working days to get here, hopefully.

As I’ve mentioned before…. throughout this whole process Andrew has been absolutely phenomenal, especially since I’m more than likely an annoying customer to deal with. Answering questions almost instantly, providing me with updates, and looking probably all over China for my package! He’s number one in my book and will get my repeat business for sure.

If your noob like me and reading through this wondering what vendor to choose in your first purchase I think you know who I would recommend! SH&T happens…especially when you’re dealing with overseas purchase in this market of replicas, part of the game, so you definitely need someone on the other side of that transaction that you can trust and know will have your back!