When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ouch - That Hurt

two40

Total newb and I'll prove it.

I usually wear a Citizen quartz. I purchased a 70's Mickey Mouse watch recently for shits and giggles. It has an extremely loud ticking. Many have noted how loud it is. I think it has slowly hypnotised me. I'm utterly addicted to the ticking. I have since purchased some cheap vintage Russian watches. One of them was running a bit fast some fancied myself as more than capable of adjusting it.

First go I got the back open. For some reason I closed it. Second go saw me open it and then successfully stabbing it to death with furious vengeance. It was running fast after all! I was using some pointy tool. Totally shanked it in the guts, or hairsprinng if you will. I opened it a third time. This time I managed to stab myself and draw a fair amount of blood from a small pin [censored] hole. It was here I decided to buy some proper tools (thanks offshore).

I have also purchased another cheap watch with the same movement (a really thin Russian 2209) with plans to eventually swap it. That will come after I get some practise in with some other movements that will have to suffer a painful death at my hands... for now, I am very happy to be here lurking in the background and learning from everyone.

See, I am a newb ;-)