When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

parcel from china to uk has turned up in usa...any ideas?

bamcky2k

of all the watches ive ever purchased and had sent by ems they have always arrived in the uk around 3 to 4 days later...and after tracking them they always show up in coventry sorting office in the uk...so imagine my giggles when ive been tracking my latest purchase for over 6 days and instead of arriving in the uk its last tracked at new york in america :g: and is now being passed through the united states postal service...it should be parcelforce in the uk! has this happend to anybody else where a parcel has taken rather a large detour?? it would also help if the ems tracking was working...the site is down right now grrr

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Wooow, thats a drunk santa ems uses! Crazy [censored]. Noop never happen to me before. But my wife sent a letter to Crotia ones and it ended up in papa guneya. It was delliverd in Cro 2monthes later :)

Dont worry, it will come your way just a little dealy :(

Are you sure the dealer gave you the right track nr?

yea the tracking is fine, and the qc pics also show the correct address-its just taking a scenic route! the tracking also works on the parcelforce website in the uk-which currently says "handed over" lol, its on the ems site that it tracked as in america yesterday-before the site went down...this watch will have seen more of the world than me :p im guessing either its just on route and stopped over in the usa, or it was packed onto the wrong plane...in any case its faceing a much longer journey to get to me! luckily i have other projects on the go right now to keep me occupied or id be glued to the laptop tracking it ever hour!

qc pics show my exact address on the package AND the tracking number on the package....its that number which is not only showing up on ems and usps as in the united states, but it also works on parcelforce tracking in the uk and shows as "handed over" last tracked at china...parcelforce were expecting it, but its been tracked in the US...every other parcel has come direct to uk...but to confirm the tracking number is spot on and is shown on the package with my address and "uk" written clear on the posting slip....

gonna give it another 24hrs or until its tracked next and go from there...this is a very odd one though!

I've had wrong tracking numbers before but so far (knock, knock...) have never had a correct one go to the wrong country - I have had stuff get routed all over the country, though. I remember getting a package mailed to me from only a couple hundred miles away and it then spent the next two weeks touring the country before finally getting to my mailbox.

i could possibly understand if UK has been read as US if it was rushed through and put on the wrong plane/sack/pallet whatever...but surely then parcelforce would have no record of it...but they have...and when it got to america i would imagine they would notice it and possibly either return to sender or would they forward it to the uk??...i have emailed the seller but got a less than helpful response...and parcelforce/ems need the seller to contact them if it has been sent to the wrong country to have rerouted-the buyer cant for security purpouses...funny thing is the parcel isnt lost as such-just in the wrong country right now :yeah: hehe id be more concerned if it wasnt showing up anywhere atall...still concerned abit though cos i want my watch!

One question...

If it shows as in the US with USPS, why are you also tracking it with parcelforce?

It sounds to me like your package is exactly where it is supposed to be and maybe parcelforce has a wrong number or digit on the one you found in their site.

Ken

Thanks ken, but if you read the whole thread you'll see that I'm in the uk expecting the parcel from china as usual, the tracking number is as written on the package from the qc pics, and the address matches mine perfectly...its only when I tracked it last night on ems before the site went down down that it stated it was at new york in americas-not the uk...and that it was being handled by usps. Another member then suggested I try tracking it via usps.com and yup, it was on their system...but it should have arrived in the uk.all the while though its still showing on parcelforce as "handed over-left origin country, forwarded for export" so parcelforce were aware of it...that's why it was a shock that it came up as america on ems...

, the tracking number is as written on the package from the qc pics, and the address matches mine perfectly..

See those QC photos can get you into all sorts of problems :)

Seriously, Does the tracking # show on the same label as you can see your address on?

There have been MANY instances when a dealer has affixed a tracking # to a package, and subsequently issued another number.

Remember that is only a form which can be filled out however, and has no validity until it is scanned at the PO or courier company.

Some dealers have a bad habit of grabbing a form and telling the buyer a number, and then that form gets used on another shipment.

Only if your addy is FILLED IN on the form with THAT NUMBER on it, and was subsequently correctly scanned, does the deliver address issue become one for the courier or PO.

I bring better that 1 package /week out of China. I reckon every 3rd one suffers an altered tracking #...for one reason or another.

This sure sounds fishy though..i will be interested in the final result. I'm guessing your goods aren't in the package in the USA with that tracking # and its not your addy on the label.

Offshore

heres an update...its now "in transit" from new york in america.hmmm heres the facts:

1, the tracking number is correct, and printed clear with barcode and correctly filled out postal slip in regards to address as shown in qc pics

2, parcel is clearly marked "uk"

3, tracking number works fine on both ems and parcelforce

4, parcelforce shows as "handed over, forwarded for export" this hasnt changed for over 10 days

5, before ems site went down it was tracked at new york isc as "international express mail-forwarded through sort facility"

6, a member suggested i try the tracking on usps.com-it worked and stated the carrier was now usps

7, the tracking still shows on parcelforce as handed over

8, the watch is from one of the trusted dealers on here and ive ordered numerous times from him before

untill ems is up and running again i cant tarck it direct through them to see if its a glitch or not...and parcelforce are off work it would seem until tuesday (well it is new years day!).

luckily though i have a friend who works regular with parcelforce and various carriers in the uk, he said handed over meens they have been informed of the parcel but it hasnt arrived in the uk yet...as for arriving at usa he said the tracking doesnt state "handed over to customs" etc, so hes pretty sure its just been offloaded from one plane to another on route to the uk...and scanned for its progress, the fact its now "in transit" should indicate its on route to uk as tracking hasnt been updated for almost 2 days...

if anyone else has any other ideas though please chime in! out of what? 20-25 odd reps ive ordered over the past few years this is the first time anything like this has happend!

Another thought on this.

All the tracking number scans are taken from the barcode.

What if a mark, either from a pencil/pen, or even dirt, has gotten on the parcel in the area of the barcode, and is creating a misread of the tracking number.

Either on the UK bound parcel or more likely on the USA one.

I have had this happen with barcodes used for inventory control....in one instance a bug had been squashed on a stock label, and the barcode was incorrectly reading the stock item Took quite some figuring out as we had one quantity of items in two locations,

Maybe your UK parcel is just caught up in all the Christmas back log, and is still in transit, and a parcel with a smear on the barcode is reading an incorrect # on its way to the USA.

Are the tracking details on both the same? ie Is the dispatch point the same city, time etc?, Can you see or get parcel dimensions/weights?. Can you lodge an inquiry into the USA parcel and find out a potential delivery addy for it? I guess all these things will be dealt with once some normality resumes after next Tuesday.

Its a bloody mystery however.

Offshore

cheers offshore, a mark on the barcode is a possability after reading that-but to confirm something-there is only one parcel! and it was destined to the uk... it left china 10 days ago and came up as "handed over" on parcelforce-but instead of arriving in the uk it turned up in the usa (i track my parcels regular until they arrive, never had one been scanned in usa before though....they have always arrived from china direct to the uk...).

i just hope my friends right and that its just on route to the uk via a different route than usual...as ive contacted the dealer about it and got a less than helpful response in all honesty "use the qc pic tracking number, it is correct"...hmmmmm i was ok about it yesterday but the more im reading online and the more im thinking about it the more nervous im getting...i was all ready to place yet another order on tuesday, but think il hold off until this is sorted!