When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

jewleryandwatch.com

rkdk

You clearly haven't seen the prices. :) A number of folks do buys select items like cases or dials for very high prices and for specific reasons like completing a grail high end franken, On the complete watches not only are they expensive but they can be very iffy. More than one person has spent $3-4k for a franken only to find that the movement is not attached to the case or it is so worn that it is a ticking time bomb.

Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/index1.html

The gold daytonas and pateks look insane.

I know they must be REALLY expensive, but they sure look good.

Would be awesome to own a 18k newman.

You need to create an account and login to see prices. That said, I've had some issues with the site myself, Phong is however really quick on answering e-mails. Was offered a v72->v727 newman daytona for around $5k a couple of weeks ago, stepped away from that after hearing stories like the one above from Wachtmeister...

ah well. just signed up for a look, and the prices are way up there. looks like really beautiful work though. especially on the pateks. that 18k newman looks insane too.

i guess i just prefer frankens over the standart reps we see from our trusted dealers. i bought a rose gold franken patek of a fellow member, and its beautiful.

does anyone know of any other sites that make frankens like that?

Because none of them sell what Phong sells.

He is in a league of his own way above what any TD offers.

Well, there is ndt,

I have the feeling they are both essentially offering the same super franken reps.

They seem to have their suppliers.

I've always wondered what these pieces would look / feel like in reality. I assume these are made to be sold on as vintage gens, they are a league above what happens amongst honest rep collectors.

Cheers, Tim

Well, there is ndt,

I have the feeling they are both essentially offering the same super franken reps.

They seem to have their suppliers.

I've always wondered what these pieces would look / feel like in reality. I assume these are made to be sold on as vintage gens, they are a league above what happens amongst honest rep collectors.

Cheers, Tim

Ive been wondering the exact same thing. Phong contacted me, and offered me a patek 3448 ( im guessing the one on his site), a lot lower than advertised. Allthough im tempted, i guess im just not sure how these watches hold up to the real thing. Also the resale value is none existing, since its a frankenwatch.

Im going to be in bangkok for the next 3 months, maybe i should hop over to Vietnam, and have a look at the watches. If he will let me.

Especially the 530 in gold, looks absolutely stunning imo.

Ive been wondering the exact same thing. Phong contacted me, and offered me a patek 3448 ( im guessing the one on his site), a lot lower than advertised. Allthough im tempted, i guess im just not sure how these watches hold up to the real thing. Also the resale value is none existing, since its a frankenwatch.

Im going to be in bangkok for the next 3 months, maybe i should hop over to Vietnam, and have a look at the watches. If he will let me.

Especially the 530 in gold, looks absolutely stunning imo.

That would be great.

If so, bring a camera and take LOTS of very sharp pics. :):)

This is expensive stuff, so very interested to see what you get for money.