When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new year's first disappointment: The SA3135 does not take genuine hands

chefcook

Hey Guys,

So the first built of the year is already starting really bad.

The SA3135, promised to take genuine hands, does not accept gen hands. Gen dial, date wheel is perfectly OK. It works in an ETA Swiss 1:1 case, but the genuine hands do not work on this movement.

[censored].

What is the difference in the sizes of the hands can you mesure the hour wheel and canon pin

The watch is already reassembled, but I asked Angus if he can supply a new set of hands as I now have LV hands in a LN 16610... As soon as I (hopefully) get the other hands I'll take precise measurements.

Looks like hour and minute hands are at least .05 mm larger in diameter.

The watch is already reassembled, but I asked Angus if he can supply a new set of hands as I now have LV hands in a LN 16610... As soon as I (hopefully) get the other hands I'll take precise measurements.

Looks like hour and minute hands are at least .05 mm larger in diameter.

Just to clarify the hands on the rep are

A .05 larger than gen hands (so gen hands could be opened up to fit

or

B .05mm smaller than gen hands so a gen set is not going to fit full stop as they are too big

The movement itself really is impressive. Good quality, good finishing, feels and behaves like a genuine item, takes genuine date wheel and dial without any modification... but it really bothers me that the stop right in the middle on their way to a correct replication and don't make a gen stem or hands fit.

With reference to the stem I wonder it is possible to retro fit the sliding pinion ect from the 3135 to make a gen stem fit.

what is the stem that comes with it though

If it is an ETA 2824 type we may be better off in the long run with that one as at least they are easily available

Stem is different from an ETA. Both 7750 and 2824 stems are totally different. To me it looks very much like a genuine stem?!? I don't have a gen stem here right now to compare but visually it looks identical and like the gen stem it is a lot smaller than an ETA stem.

If I am reading everything correctly, the cannon and hour wheels on the movement are too BIG in Diameter for the genuine hands?

So if that is the case, the fix is really simple, all you do is cut down the diameter of the cannon and hour pipes to accept the genuine hands. Problem solved.

As for the stem why would having a gen stem matter, the odds of the keyless works parts fitting is virtually nil, I think it's irrelevant.

But on the hands, there is an easy fix.

If I am reading everything correctly, the cannon and hour wheels on the movement are too BIG in Diameter for the genuine hands?

So if that is the case, the fix is really simple, all you do is cut down the diameter of the cannon and hour pipes to accept the genuine hands. Problem solved.

As for the stem why would having a gen stem matter, the odds of the keyless works parts fitting is virtually nil, I think it's irrelevant.

But on the hands, there is an easy fix.

ive been doing this on eta pinions for awhile now

but it really bothers me that the stop right in the middle on their way to a correct replication and don't make a gen stem or hands fit.

Stem is different from an ETA. Both 7750 and 2824 stems are totally different. To me it looks very much like a genuine stem?!? I don't have a gen stem here right now to compare but visually it looks identical and like the gen stem it is a lot smaller than an ETA stem.

So it looks like a gen stem but a gen stem wont fit??

This is quite an important question when it comes to this as stems are an item that are required now and again, as you say your self