When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai size on my girly wrists.....

bell

Hey,

I've been lurking these forums for a few weeks, and after trying to absorb as much information as I can (You guys are awesome btw) - I've made a decision on my first rep purchase - Noob's PAM 111:

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=6443

I prefer the sandwich dial as opposed to the sausage, and I like the simplicity of this model.

It occurred to me after falling in love with this watch that it seems kind of hefty, I have a 6.5" wrist - Admittedly girly - Will this look okay?

I know big watches seem to be more in style, but I don't want to look like a 9 year old kid who borrowed his daddy's watch.

Sooo... Any skinny wristed brothers out there rockin' a Panerai?

What's it look like?

Thanks again for all your help.

I personally prefer to see a larger watch on a smaller wrist than a smaller watch on a larger wrist. The former gets more "that's a nice watch" and the latter more "what's that on your wrist? A watch?"

I have an 8" wrist and I prefer wearing a 50mm watch than a 45" one.

The shape of your wrist makes a bigger difference than the circumference measurement. My wrist measures 7.5", but is very round in shape. I have a friend whose wrist measures 6.75", but his wrist is much flatter than mine so if you put our wrists side by side with a 44mm PAM, it looks like we have the same size wrist.

If you're concerned about size, try the slimmer PAMs, avoid the chunky taller sitting subs. Also go with a thinner strap as opposed to the 5mm thick ammo versions. 24>22mm tapered straps also give an overall slimmer impression.

I have a 6 1/2" wrist and the Pam 111 fits perfectly. Go for it.. Large watches are in style. I can even wear the Pam Fiddy which is

46 or 47mm.

I really do not think it's an issue, I just do not think you are use to large watches on your wrist in general...

Pam 111 = :clap2:

Enjoy,

MM

I really do not think it's an issue, I just do not think you are use to large watches on your wrist in general...

Very good point and probably the case with the OP. The reverse can also happen, I went from 5 years of nothing but 44m PAMs to a Rolex and it took me a good couple of weeks to get comfortable seeing the smaller size on my wrist. After awhile it blended right into the rotation.

60mm... That is just awesome.

The fact also is that Panerai watches are so well designed, they just work on small wrists. Unlike many much cheaper brands that just look dorky.

But you can wear any Panerai, 44 - 47mm or few other brands who have designers that understand watch design really well and can pull a 44mm+ watch that will work well on smaller wrists.

Edited by lfovco

• 7 months later...

There is no wrist to small for a guy to wear a 44mm pam. Chicks that wear Pams look , imposing,

so don't fret, get what you want