When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal what a liberty

spooky driver

PayPal's protection is geared towards the buyer in all cases. I don't see why the person involved in the dispute didn't destroy a cheap violin. If in fact the violin was an original as the seller stated, and they stated incorrectly that violins are not counterfeited. They are in fact counterfeited quite often at the higher end. Luckily I've never had a problem with PayPal, and I've been with them since the beginning. I even had a bank account with X bank when they first started up.

I find that story quiet tragic ...

Destroying an old music instrument is just heartless. Even when you are the buyer who is not happy with the purchase. He must be a musician himself and I can't believe he did that.

I know a few musicians who would shed a tear if they here that story.... :(

Sent via Tapatalk

Now that "Wire Transfers" are getting easier, I am noticing a lot more of them in higher end sales on other (GEN) forums.

Also, while some forums prohibit sellers (RWI?) from using the PP Gift option- I think it should be up to the buyer & seller. Funny thing is, a wire transfer offers no protection just like a PP Gift, so I fail to see the BAN (on some forums).

When dealing with eBay/PP, or certain high value transactions, I OVER DOCUMENT my sale, including single shot video footage of packaging said item.

If someone destroyed my $2500 item and then sent me a cheeky photo of their handiwork, I would fly to their house .. not in a plane .. I would jump there in 1 go, and make them eat the pieces.

and I've just noticed that I've cruised past 4000 posts without noticing.

Holy crap thats fast to 4k :)

I got screwed on paypal this year with eBay. Sold my iPhone 4, just like I sold the 3GS, 3G, ect ect. The 4s was announced 3 days after the sale. Value of the 4 went from 400 to 200. The dude says my wifi isn't working right. He put 2phones next to each other and they didn't show the same bars. Could have been a million things, including interference from putting them next to each other, wouldn't send a photo alleged bars, which I requested Note I use a microcell in my apt where you use wifi to make calls. I used this everyday for the past year. Wifi worked just fine. And worked fine when I got it. Back(incidentally anyone need an iPhone :))

I told paypal this and buyer was regretting not waiting till the new model came out. :( lost 200 cause paypal always defers to the buyer. In their rational if you send the item back then what's the hurt. Keeps pay pals liability to a minimum.

But can be a major pain. Buyer can say almost anything. And in fact the only thing you have to give paypal is a tracking number. No confirmation of the thing being returned. Major scam opportunity. Building 300 feedback over 11 years is valuable. Sometimes they just force you to eat. It.

I think eBay is more and more useless. Somedays I feel like it's 80% of Chinese crap for sale. Amazon, although there is a mandatory 60 day return policy, has better buyers

You think that's bad?

Paypal is still trying to get me to pay them over $500 to bring my old account out of the red.

My beef is that they claimed after doing the dispute investigation that they found in favour of the buyer because (1) He gave me a working tracking number and (2) I have received the returned goods....both are false claims.

Every time PP contacts me I ask them to show me the tracking number, I have even said that if I give this to a lawyer the first thing he is going to want to see is the tracking number.

But they simply refuse to face the fact that some idiot in their employ paid off a scammer and is now trying to cover his mistake,

Ken