When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Daytona parts eye-candy...

Valty

Hello RWG !

I take a bit of free time to share with you my current parts waiting another parts to be mount...

Too bad, I can't do anything as I have not received my other parts now... Hands set... And a new Phong case-set (the first one was lost 2 months ago, thanks to USPS !)

Thanks again to T. and S. that were true gentlemen's to deal with for two of these parts ! :clap2:

Please enjoy the few pics :

DSC_1691_mod.jpg

DSC_1694_mod.jpg

DSC_1705_mod.jpg

DSC_1744_mod.jpg

Cheers ! :)

R.

• Like 2

Looks like a Two real nice projects.

Congrates mate, hope you have luck with the hands :)

Thanks mate ! :)

NIce... still looking for an affordable silver dial option.

I am too... I have bought the non-Oyster dial just because it's impossible to find a silver / oyster dial these days :(

But you already know that... :)

Nice, but I think our black bezel may be aftermarket.

No it is not, it was bought from one of our valuable member wiesn089 one month ago, 100% sealed in Rolex service plastic box.

It's a MKIV, to be clear.

2 photos of the bezel sealed, and 1 better photo to see it (just look at this amazing typo) :)

Trust me, there is no way this bezel is aftermarket ;)

R.

bezel1.jpg

bezel2.jpg

bezel3.jpg

No it is not, it was bought from one of our valuable member wiesn089 one month ago, 100% sealed in Rolex service plastic box.

It's a MKIV, to be clear.

2 photos of the bezel sealed, and 1 better photo to see it (just look at this amazing typo) :)

Trust me, there is no way this bezel is aftermarket ;)

R.

bezel3.jpg

YES!!!!! Rolex has officially removed the "TELL" from the aftermarket bezels we have been using.

Just when you think you have Rolex parts pegged, something comes along and changes the game.

AWESOME!!!

Any pics of the bottoms of the bezels?

Not now, but why do you need that ?

YES!!!!! Rolex has officially removed the "TELL" from the aftermarket bezels we have been using.

Just when you think you have Rolex parts pegged, something comes along and changes the game.

AWESOME!!!

...only for one bezel, recently bought from service... :)

Anyway, the "110" and the typo on aftermarket are the "real tell" to me :D

The printing on the bezel insert looks correct for a service unit. The only thing that seems off to me is the distance of the markings from the inner edge.

But that's not to say it isn't a genuine Rolex. I think the "Mk IV" label covers several subtypes, including inserts with pointed 4s.

To be honest, I really prefer when there is a distance between the inner and the markings !

I will be curious to see how much number of these bezel are on the market... must be interesting :)

And of course, it is gen, there is absolutely no doubt on this point as I've seen it fully packed into the well-known Rolex packaging from service ;)

It tooks me like 20min to "extract" the bezel from it's plastic box without damaging it !

wow! big investment already and not a V72 in sight ... love it, good job

P.

You are right, and you are wrong :D

Right because I will not use a v72 into my builds, I prefer the 726 so much that I decided to make only 6263 and 6265 for now :)

And wrong because the white dial / black bezel will go on my 6263; already viewed here.

The black dial - with gen hands -, and the metal bezel will go on my future 6265. The 2nd 726 is already here, and the case will be here very soon :)

The printing on the bezel insert looks correct for a service unit. The only thing that seems off to me is the distance of the markings from the inner edge.

But that's not to say it isn't a genuine Rolex. I think the "Mk IV" label covers several subtypes, including inserts with pointed 4s.

Wow great parts Valty, can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Kronos_2004 has been offering aftermarket parts before (as confirmed by VRF guys, when he offered me one of his 6263 bezels after one of his ebay sales "fell through"), the one Valty bought from me is directly from RSC via a very well known AD in my hometown, it doesn't get more genuine than this. :)

Edited by wiesn089

Kronos_2004 has been offering aftermarket parts before (as confirmed by VRF guys, when he offered me one of his 6263 bezels after one of his ebay sales "fell through"), the one Valty bought from me is directly from RSC via a very well known AD in my hometown, it doesn't get more genuine than this. :)

Very good to know, S. It can be very tempting to believe that there are absolute, unchanging truths when it comes to vintage Rolex. However, there always emerges evidence to the contrary!

• 4 weeks later...

FYI guys, I just found this... :

pron.jpg

Disclaimer : no, it is NOT my watch :(

It is almost the same black bezel, from service, and same distances for the markings

And... considering this great cool awesome spectacular Tropical dial, I think we can say this watch - and this bezel too -, are 100% genuine ;)

R.

• Like 1

Wow! Those 2 gens are stunning. Just when you thought having both a white dial and black dial version was enough...

By the way, did anyone catch The Voice after the Superbowl? Adam Levine has always impressed me with his variety of Rolex watches but we got some nice shots of his Vintage Daytona! I watch more for that than the singing... And the Aguilera cleavage, of course!