When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aqua Terra brown strap

Lovecraft

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a brown leather (pref croc) strap for my excellent rep AT with blue hands. I've looked around but I haven't been able to find one anywhere though. They are listed at Joshua's site, but he no longer sells any straps of that series, nor the clasps.

Any help would be much appreciated!

post-41846-0-83597400-1326035896.jpg

Nice watch, but I would get a custom strap from an independent strap maker, they're not much more expensive and awesome quality compared to the rep straps.

Is that a rep AT in the pic? Looks like a gen, if it is a rep AT then I want one in all colours! When did they correct the happy feet on these?

As far as straps go, very difficult to get good rep straps for these, go with what fischyyy said or if you could get hold of the gen croc strap that came with the old railmaster rep it will look great, alternatively look at Bellini handmade alligator straps for omega deployant...cheapish and very good quality. Other alternative is Hirsch gen croc,...which look great.

No, sorry to say it's a gen. I'm very happy with my AT, but it does still have happy feet - at least a little. The picture just shows the strap I want. I've already looked at Hirsch, which was the way I was leaning to, but I'll take a look at Bellini as well. Thanks for the tip!

I went with Hirsch for my AT (same dial and hands as yours). I went with a waterproof calf with croco pattern (wear it to the gym frequently). I also picked up a used Omega rep deployment in great shape for stupid cheap so I ordered a nice bob strap that was made for that particular deploy.

It's this: http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=1766

It's very similar to this (with QC pics): http://www.1-pc8838.com/omse10015-aqua-terra-coaxial-white-blue-markers-2892-p-923.html

I don't have a decent camera, just the one on my phone, but I will see if I can get some nice pictures.

Meant to say earlier....I bought straps from this guy before....for my PO, these aren't bad at all, not sure what the croc/alligator is like but afaik they are not much different from the better rep straps:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120701665723?var=420026723443&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

seller is timepiecerepublic

Have a look at his selection, I have no affiliation with this seller. I do know a few people over on watchuseek have bought and are happy with his straps as gen omega are so expensive. Also I hate when our dealers keep stuff listed that they have no hope of getting hold of anymore!

I went with timepiecerepublic's straps. It's yet to arrive but seems promising.

I took a bunch of photos, but with bad lighting (I'm at a cabin at the moment) and just my camera phone the results were anything but good. I'll post the two that were the "best" of the bunch. You are probably better off looking at the QC pics though, at http://imgur.com/a/DiA0r which are very similar to my watch.

I like it a lot even if I'm not using it right now - it will have to wait a few weeks.

If you were to franken it, what parts would you go for? I'm thinking dial, but apart from that?

post-41846-0-38182900-1327168807.png

post-41846-0-97891400-1327168841.png

If you really like it that much, I would go for a gen and not start buying parts for this one. Gens of these are fairly cheap to come buy, whereas a dial only will set you back about €200+. So dial, handset and crown will be 300-400€ easily plus work. I once bought a gen with blue dial for 950€ if I remember correctly, though I sold it pretty quickly, these are amazing value for the money, if you really like them.

Edited by wiesn089

To my knowledge omega don't sell spare dials for the Aqua Terra line, hence going franken is not an option here.

900€ for the automatic AT with blue hands/markers was a lucky shot, right now these discontinued watches are very requested.

You did a lovely franken white/blue dialed version some time ago ryaku, do you still have that? It is correct about no parts available for these aqua terra's afaik, I went looking for parts some time ago as I was going to attempt a similar job and couldn't find any at all. You're right, the blue marker white dialed version seems to be the most sought after and hard to find these days. I've seen these go for around £1500 in the uk.

I picked up a gen rose gold marker (white dial) version sometime ago for a reasonable price £700ish, it needed a refinish but it looks great now, not quite as sought after as the blue marker version but still a lovely watch. The reps out of the box don't quite replicate the lovely colours on the blue or rose gold marker versions which is a shame. The black dialed rep doesn't look too bad though, apart from the happy feet :).

Wow, I just checked Chrono24, these really have become expensive! Mine was the blue dial automatic version, not white with blue hands. When I enquired about dials about 2-3 years ago, my source was able to order them ( I wanted the black one), but I eventually decided against getting one because it was just too expensive for me then, over 200€ I think.

Edited by wiesn089

I haven't found any within driving distance and I'm not too keen on sending €1000-2000 to somebody without seeing what I'm getting in return. The new ones with the teak dial sell for about €3000 here, which is a tad too expensive for me even if I do get the nice 8500 movement. I just wouldn't be comfortable wearing it though, because of the price.

I guess there's always the quartz option, but I know I'd hate it :p

It's good that I really like my rep AT. It got a handful of small things that irritate me, including the happy feet, but it's still a lovely rep imo.

You did a lovely franken white/blue dialed version some time ago ryaku, do you still have that? It is correct about no parts available for these aqua terra's afaik, I went looking for parts some time ago as I was going to attempt a similar job and couldn't find any at all. You're right, the blue marker white dialed version seems to be the most sought after and hard to find these days. I've seen these go for around £1500 in the uk.

I picked up a gen rose gold marker (white dial) version sometime ago for a reasonable price £700ish, it needed a refinish but it looks great now, not quite as sought after as the blue marker version but still a lovely watch. The reps out of the box don't quite replicate the lovely colours on the blue or rose gold marker versions which is a shame. The black dialed rep doesn't look too bad though, apart from the happy feet :).

Yes cougar1 you remeber right, I still own that watch and I have to say it's one of my favourite: the colors are really stunning, hard to find in any replica (difficult to explain and no pictures can help in this, you need to see the watch in the flesh)

I bought dial and hands from the same ebay seller: He had the dial on ebay, we negotiated a little bit about the shipment and I asked him, with absolutely no expectation, if he was able to source also the hand set. With my great surprise, he made it.

I did another AT with a blue gen dial (wrong central second hand but I can live with that): I like it a lot as well but I have to admit I would have no doubt which one to choose if I had to let one go. ;)

I dunno why but all ATs have some irresistible attraction to me :D

Aquaterrablu.jpg

P1010601.jpg

P1020862.jpg

• Like 1

Both those AT's look stunning Ryaku, you did a really great job, almost impossible to tell from gen with either except by by looking at the movement (Which is never going to be seen on the wrist anyway). I really like the railmaster aswell, I have one of the older ones with the AR and the good strap, yours looks excellent as it has the proper matte dial.

I love these older AT's aswell, theres just something about the simple design and perfect fit that makes them very sought after, they've got a kind of cult status now as they aren't made anymore.....I don't know why Omega discontinued them, the new teak dial ones are lovely but alot of people perfer the classic non-fussy look of the old dials.

If you're ever thinking of selling any of those let me know :D